Bus From Airport To Kho San Rd

klam

Hi there, I'll be arriving in Bangkok for the 1st time in a couple weeks. I'll arrive fairly early in the morning (1am) and wanted to know if buses run at that time. If so, what is the best way to get to Kho San Rd from airport? Or is it best just to try and catch a taxi. I don't mind paying alittle more, but don't want to get ripped off.

Thanks

there are 2 buses from the airport to khaosan rd:

AE2 for 150 baht, every half an hour or so - the last from the airport is at 11pm and than 5am.

air con bus 516 for 35 baht to the Southern Bus Terminal on Taling Chan, Thonburi - is slower. 5am - 11pm but very arratic. Suppose to be every hour.

metered taxi should be around 400 baht - at the airport they ask twice of that.

Edited by londonthai

AE2 for 150 baht, every half an hour or so - the last from the airport is at 11pm and than 5am.

air con bus 516 for 35 baht to the Southern Bus Terminal on Taling Chan, Thonburi - is slower. 5am - 11pm but very arratic. Suppose to be every hour.

londthai

i went to ask few days ago, the lady in the told me the bus is running every one hour ( airport bus ) , before it was every half hour !

400 baht?

Thats a rip off, my gf lives 2 hours from the airport and it costs us around 200 baht max

400 baht?

Thats a rip off, my gf lives 2 hours from the airport and it costs us around 200 baht max

i live 20 to 30 minutes from the airport, cost fot taxi last week to bang kapi 180baht, this include 50 baht taxi charge at airport and 30 baht for tollway.

so i agree 400 baht sounds about right to khao san rd, maybe cheaper.

to the previous thread, can you please let me know what taxi firm you used, 2 hours from the airport is almost pattaya, great to know i can get to pattaya for a little over 200 baht.

maybe the journey took almost 2 hours, but how far did you actually travel distance wise?bearing in mind the meter is still running when you are stationary

i went to ask few days ago, the lady in the told me the bus is running every one hour ( airport bus ) , before it was every half hour !

the very same lady told me the last saturday that buses run hourly, but there are always several of them within an hour. Figure it out.

I just missed one on saturday and waited 15 for the next one to depart - and I was the only passenger on the bus for the whole journey.

coming from the airport I waited 40 minutes on the bus 556 (which was already half-full) to depart