Requirements For A Foreigner Starting a Company Up In Thailand

Clarkee

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone who has any information about what is involved in starting a company up in Thailand. My long standing Thai girlfriend of 10 years and I have made the decision to start up a non-for profit org and even though I have some information I'm not sure where to start such as things like the cost of the fee to registration it, and what government agency who does that sort of thing to contact, and the best way to go about it that is above board and exactly how you would as a Thai national would have to do.

My girlfriend knows some things however we would also like to know from anyone else in the know who has been down that road already or is looking at doing the same or has any useful information that can help.

I've been told a Farang can own 49% of the company, but I'm not entirely certain if that's right still, and so far that's about as far as I've got. There's a lot of conflicting information out there online that makes it hard to sort out whats useful and up to date, so any good websites and or info of government requirements and law that you can steer me in, or anything else of relevance to a foreigner going into partnership with a Thai national and starting a company up in Thailand in particular a

non-profit org would be much appreciated. 

Thanks for your help 

Archived