Health insurance for Thai children

inthanet

20 hours ago, glegolo said:

There is no where to be found, that a thai citizen loses her rights just because she is living with a falang...

Glegolo

OK, how to activate this 30 baht health scheme?
Can I go to the local hospital to register my daughter?
Where I have to pay the 30 Baht?

Thanks in advanced   

It depends on where the Thai mother's house book is registered. If it's Bangkok, you can register at some of the amphurs. I registered for my daughter at the amphur in On Nut in Sukhumvit 52. I tried first at the one in Thong Lor but they said I had to go to another one. If you're in an outer province, you can register at the government hospital. You just need the Thai mother's and child's documents. They didn't even ask for my documents although i I had them prepared just in case. You only pay the 30b when you have to go and visit the doc. The amphur will assign a specific clinic to go when your child is sick, and when hospital visits are nessessary, you can then go to the assigned hospital. In my case, the clinic is in Asoke, and the hospital choice is Kluoy Nam Thai on Rama 4, both of which are close to my home in Ekamai.

1 hour ago, dtrain5000 said:

It depends on where the Thai mother's house book is registered. If it's Bangkok, you can register at some of the amphurs. I registered for my daughter at the amphur in On Nut in Sukhumvit 52. I tried first at the one in Thong Lor but they said I had to go to another one. If you're in an outer province, you can register at the government hospital. You just need the Thai mother's and child's documents. They didn't even ask for my documents although i I had them prepared just in case. You only pay the 30b when you have to go and visit the doc. The amphur will assign a specific clinic to go when your child is sick, and when hospital visits are nessessary, you can then go to the assigned hospital. In my case, the clinic is in Asoke, and the hospital choice is Kluoy Nam Thai on Rama 4, both of which are close to my home in Ekamai.

Thanks very much for your really helpful answer!
With kind regards, Uwe

Archived