A new punishment in the Thai teacher's armory - shaming the kids on social media!

snoop1130

A new punishment in the Thai teacher's armory - shaming the kids on social media!

865.JPG

Thai social media was alive with positive comment and laughter as a Korat teacher decided on a modern version of shaming naughty students into better behavior.

The teacher had two M3 (Year 10 in the British system) students stand in a small square and hug each other - then peck each other on the cheek.

And the unusual punishment for the teenage boys seems to have done the trick -  Daily News online reported that the boys' behavior has improved.

Tha Sala Prasit Suksa assistant director Songserm Tengaksorn told the Thai news media that the boys were misbehaving during last Thursday's "Teachers' Day" celebrations.

Teachers' Day is observed in almost every school in Thailand and is a solemn occasion when children are supposed to be on their best behavior as they pay respects to their school mistresses and masters.

It was likely that all their friends saw their humiliation - the story was shared 19,000 times and viewed by a staggering 2.5 million Thais.

Most of those thought it was funny and a good idea to get children to behave, reported Daily News.

Source: https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/580672

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-6-19

well I do not see any thing wrong in using a language that your interlocutor would understand....plainly a matter on getting on the same (upper) or (lower) level with whom you communicate with!!........I would call this a very smart move in communication!!!

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Teachers' Day is observed in almost every school in Thailand and is a solemn occasion when children are supposed to be on their best behavior as they pay respects to their school mistresses and masters.

Anyone acting in this bs manner deserves no respect. 

16 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Sack that teacher. 

Appaling behaviour from someone clearly unfit to educate children. 

Absolutely moronic idea carried out by a small minded, petty bully. 

And quite possibly a twisted perv into the bargain.

Why would you want to get two boys doing that, of all the punishments possible, otherwise?

And then put it online for all the other pervs to watch?

And get praised for it by the dumb families. Only in Thailand!

Edited by darksidedog

25 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Why would you want to get two boys doing that, of all the punishments possible, otherwise?

No teacher is supposed to post images of students on any social media platform. 

Though the story doesn't make clear who posted the footage. 

Nonetheless this pathetic excuse of a human being is unfit to work in the profession. 

Edited by Bluespunk

Forcing children to do this and then humiliating them on social media is sick and disgusting and they should be charged with child abuse.  If anyone did this to my child, god help the sicko.  Once on social media it is there for good.

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

And get praised for it by the dumb families. Only in Thailand!

Definately a sick twisted person who has been given the care of children

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Definately a sick twisted person who has been given the care of children

You don't have to spend much time around the school system to see how absurd and backwards the whole thing is. The whole point seems to be only to instill a deep sense of status and submission, and how to behave towards above and below you. Learning academic skills appears to be a distant side effect that may or may not occur. 

School is where you get your cultural identity, that is why Thais behave the way they do and it is also why western kids are now brain washed snowflakes without an ounce of wisdom or common sense.

I think Thai culture will probably still be around after western culture has burned to ground.

Edited by canuckamuck

29 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

You don't have to spend much time around the school system to see how absurd and backwards the whole thing is. The whole point seems to be only to instill a deep sense of status and submission, and how to behave towards above and below you. Learning academic skills appears to be a distant side effect that may or may not occur. 

School is where you get your cultural identity, that is why Thais behave the way they do and it is also why western kids are now brain washed snowflakes without an ounce of wisdom or common sense.

I think Thai culture will probably still be around after western culture has burned to ground.

well said mr Canuck...

some kids are strong some are weeker..teaching and parenting dynamics cannot be a broad brush sweep,each child deserves ,but seldom receives the guidance correct for his or her specific needs...its hard to control the education system,but you can control his or friends..and that is a bigger influence on the development of your child...the key is a smart and healthy balance...

What a pack of woolly woofers (or maybe that should be willy  woofters) posting here, often showing their own lack of education with their spelling, doubtful grammar and sweeping generalities. 

If a Thai boy did not want to do the punishment he would tell the teacher same same as the Brit... but the Thais are not homophobic like the Brits.... and the video does not disclose how many boys were on garbage duty instead of the KAM (Kiss a Mate) square.

The poster who says "not to my son" clearly has bully and anger management issues...

I guess it is good to see the armchair critics awake so early in the morning, even if their brain is not yet engaged....

44 minutes ago, wirat69 said:

What a pack of woolly woofers (or maybe that should be willy  woofters) posting here, often showing their own lack of education with their spelling, doubtful grammar and sweeping generalities. 

If a Thai boy did not want to do the punishment he would tell the teacher same same as the Brit... but the Thais are not homophobic like the Brits.... and the video does not disclose how many boys were on garbage duty instead of the KAM (Kiss a Mate) square.

The poster who says "not to my son" clearly has bully and anger management issues...

I guess it is good to see the armchair critics awake so early in the morning, even if their brain is not yet engaged....

Those of us who work with children know just how wrong this moron's actions were. 

They are not fit to teach. 

1 hour ago, Nowisee said:

punishment, armory, shaming

but hey, it's seems to have "done the trick"

what if one of them killed himself because he could not take the shame?  

"what if one of them killed himself because he could not take the shame?"

That happened a week or so ago, to a boy caught stealing money from his mates; he jumped over the balcony at school.  The Thai ego is so fragile, anything can happen with a flick of the switch.

1 hour ago, wirat69 said:

Are you serious, you condone this abuse to a child and the plastering of their photo on the internet to further humiliate them?  You say those that don't support child abuse have anger management issues and are bullies.   My friend the bully is the teacher and the one with serious issues and those that support him.

10 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No teacher is supposed to post images of students on any social media platform. 

Though the story doesn't make clear who posted the footage. 

Nonetheless this pathetic excuse of a human being is unfit to work in the profession. 

Yep! When the teacher goes under the level of their pupils, it´s definately time for education.

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Anyone acting in this bs manner deserves no respect. 

I find 'Teacher Day' to be rather offensive - it's not enough to ask for respect, they expect you to grovel at their feet. Forced worship of false idols.

1 hour ago, Borzandy said:

How can we call this uncultivated a teacher ???. Only in Thailand, the hub of fake teachers.

First you examine the role of the school. That is to provide clones fit to join a society. Clones of the society that exists, not the one you want. 

These people cannot be 'good people'. They don't have enough education to learn to manage school children properly - they simply mimic the antics of their predecessor. Instead of saying 'please, listen to the teacher so you can learn' they're more likely to say 'when you don't listen to me, you get insects crawling in your ears to fill up your skull which will eventually explode'.

They must be the same kind of corrupt people, smile to the parents and then once you're up on the school balcolny, behind a concrete wall, they start their subjugation. Start by pulling down the boys pants and laughing at their small Thai willies.

We don't call them 'Teacher'. We call them 'Thai Teacher'. Teachers are people we would aspire to emulate. Thai teachers are people we would like working in our sweatshop.

It's mostly an error in 'misdirection' - we must understand that  'Thai Police' are NOT police, and 'Thai Soldiers' are not soldiers.

Next up you'll be thinking you dip US soldiers into your boiled egg at breakfast!!!! Duh!~!!

29 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

I find 'Teacher Day' to be rather offensive - it's not enough to ask for respect, they expect you to grovel at their feet. Forced worship of false idols.

I hate it when I attend these events. 

4 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

This country will always be in the dark ages with a school system like this.

The whole education system is really sad.
Many teachers also sell quite unashamedly
their after school lessons.
I know a case where, a teacher deliberately does not fully explain the math problems in the regular teaching time,
and says that students who want to have a good grade will get the stuff explained in her paid 
after school lessons.:post-4641-1156693976: