Jetstar

trina

Hi

I will be returning to Australia in a few months time from Bangkok, and have heard Jetstar are amazingly cheap.

Has anyone recently flown with them? What class did you fly? How was the airline?

Any other good deals going?

Cheers,

kat

I have flown with them on a number of short haul routes. They are a low cost carrier with very few frills, however aircraft were new and everything was clean and comfortable

as for classes on board, I am not sure about the longer hauls but short hauls only had one class - cattle !!

I have flown with them on a number of short haul routes. They are a low cost carrier with very few frills, however aircraft were new and everything was clean and comfortable

as for classes on board, I am not sure about the longer hauls but short hauls only had one class - cattle !!

Only one class on Jetstar and is a budget airline. They fall under the Qantas umbrella, but dont publically like to admit it. They are run as 2 seperate organizations (on paper) but this is not the case in real life. They are a great airline if you want a cheap ticket and can get in early. They work on a tier system just like Qantas domestic and is first in first served.

Just a simple reminder to always check specials of your bigger airlines aswell before rushing in and purchasing a ticket on Jetstar etc. Reasons being is that at times the cheap seats get sold and the prices alot of the times work out to being the same as SQ, TG, MH, QF etc but without the same level of service offered.

ITR :o

Only one class on Jetstar and is a budget airline. They fall under the Qantas umbrella, but dont publically like to admit it. They are run as 2 seperate organizations (on paper) but this is not the case in real life. They are a great airline if you want a cheap ticket and can get in early. They work on a tier system just like Qantas domestic and is first in first served.

Just a simple reminder to always check specials of your bigger airlines aswell before rushing in and purchasing a ticket on Jetstar etc. Reasons being is that at times the cheap seats get sold and the prices alot of the times work out to being the same as SQ, TG, MH, QF etc but without the same level of service offered.

ITR :o

Can understand why they would like not to be associated with Qantas(world worst airline)flew with them once in 1980.Swore I would never do it again and have kept that promise.As for Jetstar I have only checked their fares on line once,and they did not compare very well with SQ fare.

Hi

I will be returning to Australia in a few months time from Bangkok, and have heard Jetstar are amazingly cheap.

Has anyone recently flown with them? What class did you fly? How was the airline?

Any other good deals going?

Cheers,

kat

Jetstar is well worth checking out for airfare comparison for their new International flights.

Especially if Bangkok to Melbourne is any good to you.

There are three fare categories - including a cut-down Business Class - called StarClass (qualifies for Qantas Frequent Flyer).

Booking online allows you to select seat allocation.

But beware the Jetstar online booking system that tells you to resubmit your details due to a "time out" - only to find that your credit card gets debited at each "attempt" even though you get an "unsuccessful attempt - try again".

And then begins the hassle of trying to get a refund. But that's another story.

Bottom line - Jetstar is now flying the Thailand - Australia route - and you should check their prices.

I flew into Thailand from Melbourne about a month ago with Jetstar.. i've flown with a few international carriers this year and found Jetstar to be one of the better ones, especially considering the price. Strangely found them much better than Qantas.

For $10 you can hire a portable movie/tv player.. not a bad way of passing the time but don't save the best movies till last as they collect them about 1.5hrs before landing.

As someone else said, when booking you can choose your seat.. and the food isn't too bad either