Studio Apartment near Blue MRT

seemsliang

First post, yay!

I'm in the market for a studio apartment for about 4 months. I'll have things to do near Sam Yan, so I'm hoping to find something along the blue MRT. My budget is 15-20K/month. I'd like to have a few small restaurants close by and not have any uninvited guests (i.e. roaches). Which areas would you recommend that I take a look at? Do you think it's possible to find a 15-20K studio near Sam Yan-Lumphini MRTs, or are the chances better further out around Phetchaburi/Rama9? Looking for advice both in terms of specific properties and quality of life. I'll have a few days to shop around before I settle on a place. 

42 minutes ago, tonray said:

You can easily find an apartment or condo in that price range. In fact most studio apartments rarely go over 12 K per month. With that budget I would be looking at a condo rental.

https://www.hipflat.co.th/

I have looked at some places on hipflat. It's my impression that all the listings are for 6 to 12-month deals. Is that wrong?

41 minutes ago, seemsliang said:

I have looked at some places on hipflat. It's my impression that all the listings are for 6 to 12-month deals. Is that wrong?

Many apartments want 6 months min at first too. Some require 3 months and only a few places will go month to month on a new tenant with no history. 

Condos generally want 6 to 12 months that is correct. Sometimes as a tenant you need to be a bit more flexible if you want to find a decent place to live.

take a look at lumphini park view.  i haven't seen it in person but there was a thread awhile back about living near a park.  that bldg name came up a few times and i looked at on the net.  the studios were in the 16-18k range when i looked.  seemed a little high but they have a pool, gym, and easy access to lumphini park.  for people who use those 3 amenities often, it might be worth the price.

if you find a place you really, really like but have trouble getting the shorter term lease, i'd suggest offering 1/2 months rent as an upfront fee to allow 4 instead of 6 months.