Nissan NV cap (bit that goes over the rear bed) respray

GiantFan

I need to get my cap resprayed as it has blistered in 2 places.  Bird droppings I believe.  I was considering DIY, but too much hassle.  Any suggestions for cheap and cheerful respraying in Patong or over the hill in Kathu?

PS Any idea on what it should cost?

Did you find anywhere good? I want to paint my NV as a couple of rust spots are starting to appear. I've heard about 30K. I suppose that's a lot for a car that cost me 110K eleven years ago! I don't drive it much. It has 110K KM on it and all good mechanically!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

18 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

Did you find anywhere good? I want to paint my NV as a couple of rust spots are starting to appear. I've heard about 30K. I suppose that's a lot for a car that cost me 110K eleven years ago! I don't drive it much. It has 110K KM on it and all good mechanically!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

There is a pane&paint shop near the top of the hill east side on Viset road in Rawai, take your wife with you get a free quote just in case of dual pricing and negotiate the price

7 hours ago, madmax2 said:

There is a pane&paint shop near the top of the hill east side on Viset road in Rawai, take your wife with you get a free quote just in case of dual pricing and negotiate the price

NO dual pricing here mate....how dare you.............:cheesy:

4 hours ago, petermik said:

NO dual pricing here mate....how dare you.............:cheesy:

I recommended he takes his wife because she is Thai and can negotiate with someone who does not speak or understand english, which is probably the situation in a panel and paint shop

I always have my wife with me when negotiating with a Thai person

With businesses owned and run by english speaking people i negotiate myself, my wife usually is with me and has learn from the way i do business

Its not only Thai's that will over charge you and rip you of if they can, its the way a lot of farangs/foreigners do business as well in Phuket

I have found in business dealings here that farangs are more likely to rip you of or overcharge you than Thai's, although these same people will tell you not to trust Thai's in any business dealings

On 6/30/2017 at 0:31 PM, madmax2 said:

Thanks! I know the place you're talking about. I had heard from my Thai neighbors they were overpriced. I had my car at the mechanic's shop yesterday, whom I have used for many years and asked him. He took it to his guy and got a quote, which seems to be in line with about what I had heard it would cost, about 30K. That included respraying the undercoat as well as the color, but he said the shop is busy and could take about a month. He said wait until you're leaving and he could take care of it for me. He's a really good guy, likes my wife and I. He's even come to my house a couple of times from his shop in Chalong to fix it when it wouldn't start.

I had a couple of dented doors before (my dog knocked  over a motorbike denting my door)  and my neighbor across the street, who is one of the head Civil Defense guys in Rawai,  took it and got a few estimates for me. As he said; if they see me, price goes up! 

Strange how some like to overcharge expats here, the people that do this probably do the same with Thai people as well

They do not seem to understand about word of mouth advertising, ( happy customers recommending them to friends and neighbors) and how much regular business this can  can create

Rather make a killing on one job then sit around for a few days doing nothing, this is not unique to Thailand though, happens in a lot of countries if they think the potential customer is a mug