Latest 1 year Visa Extension Paperwork for Samui

Ouch.

One of the most "inventive"/complicated procedures ever for a retirement extension.

Hand drawn map, computer map, medical certificate, "holiday" photos, 3 days waiting.

3) and 4) are completely new for me.

Sound a bit like a preparation for a foreigner ID card/yellow book?

If your marriage is registered in Thailand you already have a transcript of your name in the translated documents for marriage.

I hope they didn't invent another one.

Please update when you pick up.

The immigration at Samui was and is a mess, I report there since 8 years and getting a visa is every year a process full of frustration, even after paying accounting and all "fees", that they request. That did not change with the new location and it did not change with the new "management".

• Like 1

Hasn't changed in the 17 years I have been on Samui!

Was easy and painless when I was in Bangkok, I renewed my Non-B and W.P. my self.

I have had my W.P. Since 1992 contiguous & Visa NON-B.

I Pay my taxes, social insurance and so on.(personal over 5,500 a month) company taxes, VAT the list goes on and on, than there is the "yearly books" 25,000 baht and can only be certified by a hand full of "certified" auditors in "The Kingdom" !

Renew extension of stay on Samui, impossible unless I pay ( ? ) and alter my company papers.

With 7 Mil. in Payed Up Capitol they want more,

They have no Idea of what treaties are in place for foreigners that they must live up to as agreed between "His Majesty the King of Thailand" and foreign countries. 

It all boils down to Credibility, which is sorely lacking I am sad to say.

So I make 90 Day border runs.

Breaks the cycle of island life I guess.

To find the paper work, documents, letters to start over would be Virtually impossible. Most records don't exist or have been lost over the years (almost 50 for most).

W.P. People stapled my old W.P. Books together with a new book and told me not to loose the old one as the records contained in the old one can not be found.

20 minutes ago, tonestime said:

thanks for this info

I am applying for the first time.

Do you know if Proof of Income per month is to a foreign back account, or is it the amount transferred to a Thai bank account?

cheers

Proof of income is by way of a income letter from your embassy.

The money can be deposited in a foreign bank or a Thai bank.

On 6/22/2017 at 7:20 PM, Makhao said:

The immigration at Samui was and is a mess, I report there since 8 years and getting a visa is every year a process full of frustration, even after paying accounting and all "fees", that they request. That did not change with the new location and it did not change with the new "management".

I beg to differ. It is much worse in the new location than it was in Nathon.

22 minutes ago, pennine said:

I beg to differ. It is much worse in the new location than it was in Nathon.

Other than points 3 and 4 everything appears to be as per this Samui-Specific link dated 14 May:

Edited by evadgib