URGENT : airport or train problem, I need to leave the country asap

phompen

Hello, I've set my questions in bold :

I've done a mistake on the validity of my visa, I've thought my visa is ok until 23 of june, but it's 21 of june,

so when I've seen that, I've tried to get a Lao Airlines plane for the 21 of june on the evening,

so I've gone on the Lao Airlines website, tried to buy a ticket with my kasikorn bank card (I have the Internet payment option)

but I had a page with "verified by visa", and the kasikorn page of the payment told me I didn't registered for "verified by visa"

so they asked me 4 questions that only me can answer, I answer them correctly, but each time I had an error written in red, so I've tried again thinking it could be a bug,

and then after 3 tries, the page told me something like : you cannot use the "verified by visa" system anymore, contact your bank (it's too late today to contact them)

So I've missed the last plane of the 21 of june to leave the country in time, I guess I will have to pay 500 baht at immigration for being in late of one day ?

I've thought to ask to my mother (in europe) to use her bank card to pay my plane ticket, but sometimes at the check in they want to see the card used for the Internet payment (and of course I cannot show the card of my mother)

ok then if I cannot pay anymore on Internet, I will buy my ticket at a office in airport and pay in cash,

the problem is these offices in the airports they seem to be open between 8am to 10pm,

I would like to go to Air Asia office and buy a ticket for the only flight of the day of 12:05pm,

but the sales closes 4 hours before departure on Air Asia, so I have to buy my ticket before 8:05am,

and the office open at 8am, so I could try this option but there is a risk I'm unlucky if there is only one customer in front of me in the queue

would it be possible the working hour of the Air Asia don mueang office I've found on Internet is not up to date, and now the office open at 7am ?

Else I could to go at Lao Airlines office at Silom in the morning to get a flight for the evening

I hope it's possible, I know for Air Asia the limit to buy a ticket is 4 hours before the flight, but Air Asia is a low cost company, I don't know for Lao Airlines

the only other plane leaving the country on the 22 of june is Thai Airways, but it's very expensive so I prefer to avoid that company if I can

I have thought also to the train or the bus, but I have never used them to leave the country, I know it's possible to go by train to Nong Khai and after there is a bus to the border,

but I am too late today for the train of 8pm, and if I take the train of 8pm tomorrow, I would not left the country before midnight, and I guess it means a fine of 2 days in late, 1000 baht ?
else there is a train at 8:20am going to Nong Khai, arriving at 5:45pm, if I go to the train station at 7:30am the ticket sales office are opened yet ?

the price seem to be 498 baht for express DRC day train, is this train usually full ?

more infos from my recent search on the train :

I am not even sure I can buy a train ticket, it seems the sales close one hour before departure for 3rd class train, then for 2nd class train is how many hours before departure ?

I guess the tickets sales booth are not opened at 6am  for a train at 8:20am ?

Also I didn't know there is an alcool ban on trains, 10 hours of train, and not able to drink a good fresh singha on board ? :-(
10000 baht fine ! wow

what about the cigarette, I guess it's forbidden on board also, the people who want to smoke a cigarette go on the train platform on some train stations for 5 minutes ?

Edited by phompen

2 hours ago, phompen said:

I am not even sure I can buy a train ticket, it seems the sales close one hour before departure for 3rd class train, then for 2nd class train is how many hours before departure ?

Also I didn't know there is an alcool ban on trains, 10 hours of train, and not able to drink a good fresh singha on board ? :-(
10000 baht fine ! wow

what about the cigarette, I guess it's forbidden on board also, the people who want to smoke a cigarette go on the train platform on some train stations for 5 minutes ?

You can smoke on the train by the entrance but don't fall off. You can get a train early from bkk to wherever you wish to cross to. Your fine is minimal but drinking on train may draw attention and given your an illegal I'd stick to soft drinks with a bit of whisky mixed in. No beer sales on board anymore. 3rd class is not advisable. 2nd is pretty good and 1st can be hit and miss if alone.

3 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Actually, what no one has told you is that there is no fine if you leave on the 22nd by air.

Also it is not a problem for someone else to buy the ticket for you.

Don't panic. :)

This is true, the first late day if you're leaving by air is a "grace day" and you're not fined.  However, I'm pretty sure that all airlines worldwide (certainly all of them leaving the US, and Thailand, which I can speak to from my experience) require that you show the credit card used to purchase the ticket at check-in.  This is for international flights only, not domestic.

Apart from that, you can go to Expedia to buy your ticket or your mother can buy it for you. Then no need to show a card at the airport.

Once again, there is no fine if you leave on the day after by air. A senior officer will sign it off and that is it.

Just now, Chou Anou said:

This is true, the first late day if you're leaving by air is a "grace day" and you're not fined.  However, I'm pretty sure that all airlines worldwide (certainly all of them leaving the US, and Thailand, which I can speak to from my experience) require that you show the credit card used to purchase the ticket at check-in.  This is for international flights only, not domestic.

Not if you buy via a travel agent...such as Expedia. He can book the Air Asia ticket from there right now, No stress :)

7 hours ago, phompen said:

10000 baht fine ! wow

35 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

How much mushrooms did you eaten for having such a bad trip?

Seems like the OP is trolling away, doesn't seem serious at all :)

2 hours ago, Chou Anou said:

However, I'm pretty sure that all airlines worldwide (certainly all of them leaving the US, and Thailand, which I can speak to from my experience) require that you show the credit card used to purchase the ticket at check-in.  This is for international flights only, not domestic.

I've never been asked by any airline flying out of places such as Australia, UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Sweden, France etc. but I have heard other have, particularly on low cost airlines (flown a few low cost and never asked).

9 hours ago, phompen said:

... Also I didn't know there is an alcool ban on trains, 10 hours of train, and not able to drink a good fresh singha on board ? :-(
10000 baht fine ! wow

what about the cigarette, I guess it's forbidden on board also, the people who want to smoke a cigarette go on the train platform on some train stations for 5 minutes ? ...

We seem to be getting a sense of your priorities now.

AFAIK, beer and ciggies are hard to find on aeroplanes as well.

2 minutes ago, cnx355 said:

Buy your Air SAsia ticket online and pay at 7-11 . Open 24 hrs

thanks for this hint, I didn't know that

I've checked on their website, it works but only 5 days or more before departure, but good to know for the future

10 hours ago, jaymbkk said:

Don't sweat it man, get your ticket when you can and pay your small fine at the airport. A few days won't be an issue

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Go to the nearest immivration get a 7 day of extension.

Go to the nearest immivration get a 7 day of extension.

I don't think it's a good idea. At the airport for a few days of overstay you'll pay 500 bht or maybe nothing, the extension in the other cost 1500 baht if I recall.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Chou Anou said:

In years of flying out of Thailand internationally to the U.S. and elsewhere, I don't think I've ever been asked here to show the bank card I used for the purchase.  On the other hand, I have often been asked to show in when departing from the U.S.