Promotions / Discounts On A New Car ?

North

Hello all,

I am planning to buy a new car, a pickup, Which one I still hasn´t decided, but possibly a Vigo or a Triton.

And I know, that many times you can save some money when buying at the right time. The other day I was looking at a Vigo, the top model "Exclusive" priced at 899.000 baht, and they offered me a discount at 40.000 baht when buying cash.

And I looked at a Triton too, the new Plus, 2.5 A/T, priced at 758.000 baht, and they too offered me a discount at 40.000 baht.

Is that possibly the best discount you can get ?

How much did YOU save, when you bought the new pickup ??

North :o

Hello all,

I am planning to buy a new car, a pickup, Which one I still hasn´t decided, but possibly a Vigo or a Triton.

And I know, that many times you can save some money when buying at the right time. The other day I was looking at a Vigo, the top model "Exclusive" priced at 899.000 baht, and they offered me a discount at 40.000 baht when buying cash.

And I looked at a Triton too, the new Plus, 2.5 A/T, priced at 758.000 baht, and they too offered me a discount at 40.000 baht.

Is that possibly the best discount you can get ?

How much did YOU save, when you bought the new pickup ??

North :D

Hi North

Although I have'nt 'sealed the deal' yet, I have been in a number of Toyota dealers/independants around Issaan getting a price for a 3litre 4WD Auto Vigo with every extra including Leather interior plus an Extensive 3 year warrenty including all services FOR 908,500 (starting price was 874k). I am not normally one for falling for the warrenty lip-offs but the extra cost of that was by far cheaper than paying for all the extra's I demanded.

I have no knowledge of the Triton as I dont think its as good as the Vigo,but thats only my personal opinion.

Good luck and happy Negotiating. HAPPY NEW YEAR :o

p.s. WHATS THE 'EXCLUSIVE' VIGO ????? and hows it different ???

Edited by Dave the Dude

""

Hi North

Although I have'nt 'sealed the deal' yet, I have been in a number of Toyota dealers/independants around Issaan getting a price for a 3litre 4WD Auto Vigo with every extra including Leather interior plus an Extensive 3 year warrenty including all services FOR 908,500 (starting price was 874k). I am not normally one for falling for the warrenty lip-offs but the extra cost of that was by far cheaper than paying for all the extra's I demanded.

I have no knowledge of the Triton as I dont think its as good as the Vigo,but thats only my personal opinion.

Good luck and happy Negotiating. HAPPY NEW YEAR jap.gif

""

The Exclusive model have the 3 liter D4D engine, 4WD, automatic transmission, leather seats, side steps, metallic white color only, 16 inch ally wheels with 265/70R16 tires.

This is what I remember from the brochure right now.

What do you mean by " every extra " ?

And what about the " all services " part ?

north :o

""

Hi North

""

The Exclusive model have the 3 liter D4D engine, 4WD, automatic transmission, leather seats, side steps, metallic white color only, 16 inch ally wheels with 265/70R16 tires.

north :D

Hi North

The Exclusive sounds very interesting.I would like to see the colour 'in the flesh'. Like you i cannot remember all the extra's I 'demanded' :D at the dealers but it did include :- doormirrors with indicators,tints,window weather guards,back liner, leather interior plus others that I cannot remember.

The guarantee covered all work inline with Service Record Book supplied with car(Full∂ services) for 3 years and a three year parts/labour warrenty insurance. As Toyota charge 23k for leather alone(not a 'backstreet job'), this more than covered the cost of the warrenty.

I cannot believe I am 'standing up for' a dealers warrenty scheme. :o

KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR PURCHASE & GOOD LUCK :D

Edited by Dave the Dude

Hi Dave,

Yes, I think, you should have a look at the Exclusive. They say, that it is metallic white, and having that color I think the aircondition do not have to work overtime to cool the cabin. Even I like the look of a black car, I would never buy one here in Thailand.

If Toyota charges 23k just for the leather alone, this is one more reason to have a close look at that model, in my opinion.

By the way: I wonder, if you can have an electric driver´s seat in the Vigo ??? ( The Mitsubishi Triton have one as standard in the top model)

North :o

By the way: I wonder, if you can have an electric driver´s seat in the Vigo ??? ( The Mitsubishi Triton have one as standard in the top model)

North :D

Hi North.

Sounds worth checking out. Thanks. I am pretty sure Toyota dont do an electric seat as a Vigo option but if they have them in 'Tuna maybe its possible. I was hoping to get the Met Blue as it a fairly rare sight in Surin and I like the bright shade.

The only electric seats I'v seen lately, are the one's trundling along Eastbourne Seafront :o:D:D

p.s. Toyota has just brought out a 3.OO TD Auto 4x4 in the UK called Eliminator. It sounds like your Exclusive but diff colours :D

• 2 weeks later...
""

Hi North

""

north :D

Hi North

The Exclusive sounds very interesting.I would like to see the colour 'in the flesh'. Like you i cannot remember all the extra's I 'demanded' :D at the dealers but it did include :- doormirrors with indicators,tints,window weather guards,back liner, leather interior plus others that I cannot remember.

The guarantee covered all work inline with Service Record Book supplied with car(Full∂ services) for 3 years and a three year parts/labour warrenty insurance. As Toyota charge 23k for leather alone(not a 'backstreet job'), this more than covered the cost of the warrenty.

I cannot believe I am 'standing up for' a dealers warrenty scheme. :o

KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR PURCHASE & GOOD LUCK :D

Hi,

I just purchased a Vigo Exclusive last week. I had previously read your post and promptly asked my sales lady concerning the full service (parts & labor) warranty insurance and she replied that Toyota does not offer such a warranty insurance program. She said that Toyota only offers the standard 3 year 100,000 warranty. I've asked this same question at two other Toyota dealers and got the same answer. Could it be that the 3 year full parts/labor warranty insurance you speak of is only availble through your dealership as a dealership offering versus a Toyota offering? How much does it cost for this warranty insurance? Was the insurance underwritten by Toyota or some other insurance company?

Thanks,

Pattaya Dave