Iexplore.exe Faults....

LaoPo

iexplore.exe faults....

Since a few days I get the message: 'iexplore.exe' a mistake occurred and we have to close the program...

How and why does this happen ? Is it possible this is because of the Quake in Taiwan and the internetproblems ?

It happens now a few times a day with different programs (als on ThaiVisa) and other normal business-websites.

Very annoying... :o

LaoPo

iexplore.exe faults....

Since a few days I get the message: 'iexplore.exe' a mistake occurred and we have to close the program...

How and why does this happen ? Is it possible this is because of the Quake in Taiwan and the internetproblems ?

It happens now a few times a day with different programs (als on ThaiVisa) and other normal business-websites.

LaoPo

Nothing to do with the quake, its an error in Internet Explorer. What's your setup? (OS version, amount of ram) Have you installed any updates recently?

iexplore.exe faults....

LaoPo

Are you using IE7 with tabs? If the yellow "alert bar" is active on any of the tabs and you close the window, IE will crash. Very annoying bug, all you can do is wait for a fix from Microsoft.

Another known cause of crashes is one where the xslt processor throws an access violation:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909363/en-us

Edited by lingling

I believe it most surly does have a connection with the slow/unavailable circuits since the quake and I am having the same problems with Maxthon Browser. Also getting invalid url blocks that are taking the browser down since the quake. Nothing took it down before the quake outage.

Yes, I also think it is indirectly linked to the cut cables. Probably it has something to do with the re-routing of traffic?

Two days ago I cleared my IE6 (WIN-XP-pro) cache, which did speed up access to many web-sites considerably. But since then, whenever I use some links stored in my Favorites folder, IE6 crashes.

Example: In the past I just clicked on the link for my gmail account and was logged in immediately. Now IE quits with "oops...IE experienced a problem....."

But when I type in directly http://mail.google.com/mail and do all the log-in I have no problem.

opalhort

IE does this most often due to memory faults and sometimes when it loads a corrupt object. It doesn't help that IE sends you to their search program rather than give you a 404 error. Mind you, I've had Firefox 2.0 crash on my alot until the last update, so it's not just an IE thing.

If you don't get automatic updates, go to Windows Update and see if the problem can be fixed with a simple update. If you haven't done your updates lately then it could have been patched already.

If you don't get automatic updates, go to Windows Update and see if the problem can be fixed with a simple update. If you haven't done your updates lately then it could have been patched already.

I'm on automatic updates. Anyway, it is not a big problem since only a few links stored in my Favorites cause this problem, but when I type in the main entry page directly everything is OK.

The links which cause this problem usually have a long line of code (numbers and letters) after the main URL stored in my favorites. It is my guess that this code directs IE to go to specific servers/nodes which may currently not be available due to the re-directed traffic.

opalhort

Thank you Gents for your advise; I'm now even more confused than before... :D

The 'Iexplore' messages never occurred before the Quake... :o but that doesn't mean anything I suppose.

But ThaiVisa is still very slow (from Europe via S'pore) and access to Chinese websites (business) is still impossible.

It must be a major problem with those cables off-Taiwan.

I will ask my 'nerd' to come over to have a look at my computer.

Thanks again !

LaoPo :D

Thank you Gents for your advise; I'm now even more confused than before... :D

The 'Iexplore' messages never occurred before the Quake... :o but that doesn't mean anything I suppose.

But ThaiVisa is still very slow (from Europe via S'pore) and access to Chinese websites (business) is still impossible.

It must be a major problem with those cables off-Taiwan.

I will ask my 'nerd' to come over to have a look at my computer.

Thanks again !

LaoPo :D

You may also want to try disabling third party toolbars, browser helpers and browser extensions as they can also be the cause of this. They are all loaded in the same process as the browser so a bad one can cause all kinds of things to happen.