Jomtien Immigration Rocks Again!

But, on a negative tone, :sorry: a pity that they seem so uncooperative when it comes to processing non-O conversions and so over-zealous in enforcing the TM30 requirement according to various recent reports on here. That must surely take the sheen off their gloss somewhat.

9 hours ago, Get Real said:

Always like a positive comment. As long as you are nice to them, they generally never have a problem with you.

In general, this is correct. They have at least two female mental cases that delight in abusing farangs with rudeness and raised voices.

Only sweet and nice ladies at Jomtien immigration , compare it with Chiang Mai where they try to bite you. 

Edited by balo
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, OJAS said:

But, on a negative tone, :sorry: a pity that they seem so uncooperative when it comes to processing non-O conversions and so over-zealous in enforcing the TM30 requirement according to various recent reports on here. That must surely take the sheen off their gloss somewhat.

It likely takes one single bad day to feel negative for a while, and a good few good runs to erase that from memory. On the whole though Jomtiem sounds like it is doing well and providing a great service. Glad I don't live in Chiangmai!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Chip Allen said:

In general, this is correct. They have at least two female mental cases that delight in abusing farangs with rudeness and raised voices.

Disarm them with your charm. Always works.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2017 at 10:05 AM, Get Real said:

Always like a positive comment. As long as you are nice to them, they generally never have a problem with you.

Good point indeed.

And for those whose natural disposition is not to be nice, there's always the tip jar.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

This topic is not about a dress code at immigration. There have been plenty of other topics about it. Any further discussion about it will be removed.

Some have been removed already.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Some have been removed already.

Sorry UbonJoe, it is so easy to go off topic and us posters just sometimes end up answering posts that are interesting us, so we go off topic without thinking.

This sounds like good service but certainly not Rocking it.  My local immigration office in central Thailand offers fast, polite service and I get my extension usually within 30 minutes the same day.  I would feel very uncomfortable having to leave my passport over night.  The ladies at my immigration office are very fast at reviewing the forms, and stamping the passport so there is no need to wait 24 hours.    They also complete the 90 day on their own without me requesting it.  Exit/entry permits will add another 5 minutes.  Now that is Rocking it.

• Like 1

This sounds like good service but certainly not Rocking it.  My local immigration office in central Thailand offers fast, polite service and I get my extension usually within 30 minutes the same day.  I would feel very uncomfortable having to leave my passport over night.  The ladies at my immigration office are very fast at reviewing the forms, and stamping the passport so there is no need to wait 24 hours.    They also complete the 90 day on their own without me requesting it.  Exit/entry permits will add another 5 minutes.  Now that is Rocking it.

Just out of interest, which Immigration ?