elvis maralyn and who ?

dave2

about ten years ago a started collecting pictures of elvis and maralyn monroe for the fun of it :)

ive got quite a few from lots of different places and tonight i found two more in

tip top bar near wat yang kuang !

obviously elvis and maralyn are in there but who are the other two men in the picture

playing pool and at the bar 

anyone know ?

dave2

bangkok england reading trip elvis maralyn monroe figures 7 aug 15 20150807_114036.jpg

vietnam nha trang the little rock cafe elvis figure 27 sept 16 20160927_211808.jpg

plastic elvis figure 26 mar 16 20160326_145702.jpg

elvis maralyn picture tip top bar 26 jun 17 20170626_223645.jpg

elvis maralyn picture tip top bar 26 jun 17 20170626_223045.jpg

5 hours ago, just_Elaine said:

Neat pictures...  Agree. Humphrey Bogart. 

ok great ... three people say bogart and james dean :)

but is there .... what is the conection between them

and elvis and maralyn ?

theres got to  be a reason they are all in both of the pictures

but ive no idea why ?

dave2

elvis marylin monroe plastic figures 19  feb 14 2014-02-19 13.04.34.jpg

and elvis and maralyn ?

but ive no idea why ?

dave2
5951bc051cd8e_elvismarylinmonroeplasticfigures19feb142014-02-1913_04_34.jpg.630cc4f0aea850c440ceb1723ea7777f.jpg

They were all big stars of their day. Icons.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, mesquite said:

They were all big stars of their day. Icons.

you might be right but i thought there might have been some other reason ?

at least i know who the other two are now ;)

thanks people .. dave2

elvis maralyn monroe picture 29 jul 16 20160729_150118.jpg

10 hours ago, mogandave said:

All died young and at their peak

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Nonsense.

Your statement is only true about James Dean.

Bogey died a horrible lingering death at age 57 from throat cancer brought on by too many Chesterfields.

Elvis pegged out at 42 from a cocktail of drugs.

Marilyn died at 36 also from drugs, with the added complication that she had become sexually involved with two very rich and powerful brothers from a low-life family in Massachusetts who wanted her out of the way.

None of the three were at the "peak" of their careers by any stretch of the imagination when they died.

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 2:02 PM, dave2 said:

and elvis and maralyn ?

but ive no idea why ?

dave2

More information regarding the artist for Marilyn, Elvis, Bogey and James Dean posters at the following.

http://www.intotheabyss.net/chris-consani/

http://blog.art.com/artwiki/~/chris-consani/

Diplomas on the wall and Bogies newspaper are of particular interest

37 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

More information regarding the artist for Marilyn, Elvis, Bogey and James Dean posters at the following.

wow thanks for all the info paul :)

your a star and made my day !

dave2

weston super mare bristol elvis figure14 aug 15 20150814_120337 (78).jpg

Nonsense.
Bogey died a horrible lingering death at age 57 from throat cancer brought on by too many Chesterfields.
Marilyn died at 36 also from drugs, with the added complication that she had become sexually involved with two very rich and powerful brothers from a low-life family in Massachusetts who wanted her out of the way.
None of the three were at the "peak" of their careers by any stretch of the imagination when they died.

What was the peak of their careers, and what do you consider young?

On 28/06/2017 at 4:27 PM, dave2 said:

wow thanks for all the info paul :)

your a star and made my day !

dave2

weston super mare bristol elvis figure14 aug 15 20150814_120337 (78).jpg

Incorrect dave2 you are the star, I am able to be a Sherlock on the web through down  time in my employ.

Without disclosing where the above picture was taken, anyone care to hazard a guess?

dave2 excluded.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:45 AM, mogandave said:

What was the peak of their careers, and what do you consider young?

In those days under 30 was young. It was after the war and too many young men had become old far too soon.

IMO

Elvis- before Vegas

Marilyn- before Kennedy

Bogart- when he made Casablanca etc

James Dean- when he died.

IMO, the common link is that they were all HUGE stars that epitomized the era and died tragically.

On 28/6/2560 at 9:38 AM, VillageIdiot said:

Nonsense.

Very good summing-up.

Elvis was a wreck in every sense of the word toward the end of his life.  Country boy who made it big and couldn't handle it.  But hey, for a few million dollar paydays, there might go you and I.

Marilyn's ghost may never be laid to rest. She had some very sleazy friends in high office and high places. Aging Rat Pack groupie, and all but married-to-the-mob.  Bert Stern's 1962 photo shoot is her visual obit.

I can't agree with you about Bogart. I don't think he ever "peaked". He changed, of course. Beginning in musical comedy on Broadway in his teens as the obnoxious young socialite... "anyone for tennis?" and going on to the 1930s hit films where he was usually typecast as a gangster.  Then came the 1940s classics like Casablanca, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre,  etc. They are his best known, but the 1950s showed him in The African Queen, The Caine Mutiny, and The Barefoot Contessa as over-the-hill and somewhat crazy, but still Bogart. One of the best.

2 hours ago, JingerBen said:

Very good summing-up.

Elvis was a wreck in every sense of the word toward the end of his life.  Country boy who made it big and couldn't handle it.  But hey, for a few million dollar paydays, there might go you and I.

Marilyn's ghost may never be laid to rest. She had some very sleazy friends in high office and high places. Aging Rat Pack groupie, and all but married-to-the-mob.  Bert Stern's 1962 photo shoot is her visual obit.

I can't agree with you about Bogart. I don't think he ever "peaked". He changed, of course. Beginning in musical comedy on Broadway in his teens as the obnoxious young socialite... "anyone for tennis?" and going on to the 1930s hit films where he was usually typecast as a gangster.  Then came the 1940s classics like Casablanca, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre,  etc. They are his best known, but the 1950s showed him in The African Queen, The Caine Mutiny, and The Barefoot Contessa as over-the-hill and somewhat crazy, but still Bogart. One of the best.

I was with you until you disrespected The African Queen.  That's one of my favorites.  Bogart's character may have been over-the-hill and somewhat crazy, but that was Bogart creating the perfect character for the role.

Had Bogart stayed in good health I'm sure he would have made many more great movies.

If the OP is interested; I saw an unusual Elvis picture in La Lanterna di Genova, a small Italian restaurant on Rachdamnoen (Walking Street) next to Siam Commercial Bank.  It is a photograph (I assume a reproduction) of a young Elvis in an Army uniform talking with King Rama IX.  At first I thought it had been taken during Elvis's Army days, but an internet search stated it was taken on the set of "GI Blues".  Apparently the late king was an Elvis fan.

BTW, it's a nice restaurant with good food, I especially like the pizza.