Hua Hin aims to become Cycling, Eco Friendly City

Hua Hin aims to become Cycling, Eco Friendly City

If you'd like to get on a bike and ride around the city, why don’t you go to Hua Hin?

Panod Srisinsuphya is in Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, to find out how the famous resort city is paving the way to a pollution-free and eco-friendly future.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Panod Srisinsuphya is in Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, to find out how the famous resort city is paving the way to a pollution-free and eco-friendly future.

There must be two Hua Hin's in PrachuapKhiriKhan........It is bad enough on a motorbike.......a bicycle.......:shock1:

Pollution free and eco friendly........This guy is a complete numbskull who is obviously brain dead from the neck up !!!....

Been cycling in Thailand for years, North to South and yes Hua Hin is still one of the best places for cycling....but even cyclists have a bit wider outlook on Hua Hin than to consider it to be only petchakasem road or centred around Marked Village or Blupoint :smile:

You guys bin there for long time anymore?

there is a whole new bycicle lane from Hua Hin to Pranburi, it's like a high way separated  from the street, with flowers and trees surrounded and you are most of the time alone on it.

14 minutes ago, Brayka said:

there is a whole new bycicle lane from Hua Hin to Pranburi, it's like a high way separated  from the street, with flowers and trees surrounded and you are most of the time alone on it.

The new dedicated bicycle road currently runs from (approximately) Vanavara waterpark just south of the railway flyover and south as far as Ban Nong Hoy although work is planned to extend it further south.

bikers would still have to ride non-bike-laned road from the centre of HH to the waterpark competing with other traffic (about 3 kms) and from Nong Gae to  over 10 kms.

Ironically, the bike road has street lighting although I have yet to see nightriders on the track whereas the regular two lane road does not for most of its length!

yes the fantastic new bike lane is a great idea. There are so many "streetlights" on the lane I have to assume that is where the money was skimmed for 300% more lights than needed. :)

The challenge is getting to the northern most starting point without getting killed.

There are many other bike lanes all around the outer roads of Hua Hin but they are not completely isolated from all traffic like the new lanes running south towards Pranburi.

I see many Thais in Hua Hin on very expensive bicycles decked out like Lance Armstrong. Many expats don't realize how many Thais have big money, but you see them all over Hua Hin. 

Hua Hin is VERY different than say Udon Thani.

now if we can get them to pick up the trash and enforce the traffic laws...

The new bike lane through Hua HIn will be on a raised road similar to the Skytrain in Bangkok.  If money permits, it will even have sidewalls just in case  an elderly or drunk cyclist wobbles off the beaten track and topples off his bike.  No real problem of course as it would be his own fault but it would be better not to kill anyone passing below.

10 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

There must be two Hua Hin's in PrachuapKhiriKhan........It is bad enough on a motorbike.......a bicycle.......:shock1:

Pollution free and eco friendly........This guy is a complete numbskull who is obviously brain dead from the neck up !!!....

That description just about sums up most Thais.  Can you be a bit more definitive please ?

So there is a bike lane that does not start in the core of Hua Hin, well that sure makes a lot of sense.

The city planners must have came over from Calgary.  I did see  a lot more brave people out on bikes

as compared with the last few years.  I take my chances on a rental motor bike, and have had a few close

calls,  I am not brave enough to go any where in Thailand on a bicycle.

Geezer

3 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I am not brave enough to go any where in Thailand on a bicycle.

I know it looks dodgy, but I have found that riding on the streets of BKK doesn't feel nearly as scary when I'm actually the one riding as it looks when I'm seeing it from the safety of a 4 wheel vehicle. I'm more put off by the heat and humidity nowadays than the traffic.  Which makes my e-bikes look even better.

7 hours ago, impulse said:

I know it looks dodgy, but I have found that riding on the streets of BKK doesn't feel nearly as scary when I'm actually the one riding as it looks when I'm seeing it from the safety of a 4 wheel vehicle. I'm more put off by the heat and humidity nowadays than the traffic.  Which makes my e-bikes look even better.

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:27 AM, Brayka said:

This new lane is a good thing, they get people out moving, but personally I see it more as recreation cycling restricted to an area and distance and not first choice for dedicated road cyclist.:smile: 

Archived