Temple in Chiang Rai shelters family after drug-addict dad sells young daughter

webfact

Temple shelters family after drug-addict dad sells young daughter
By The Nation

CHIANG RAI: -- A temple in Chiang Rai’s Muang district has provided shelter and help to a mother of four who fled from husband after he exchanged his five-year-old daughter for money to buy drug.

After her plight was recounted on Facebook, Phra Acharn Pobchok Tissanwangso, the abbot of Wat Huay Plakung, has allowed the woman to stay at the temple at a worker.

The woman’s four children are being taken care at the temple’s nursery.

The plight of the 22-year-old mother was recounted on Facebook on Sunday night by Pongsakorn Sawamiphak, the self-defence volunteer chief of Mae Khachan in Chiang Rai’s Wiang Papao district.

Pongsakorn said the mother took her four children and fled her husband in Chiang Rai’s Wieng Kaen district after he sold their five-year-old daughter to a person.

Se went to Wiang Papao to seek help from her sister but the sister is too poor to do so, prompting her to seek help from fellow villagers.

They found the girl and the family fled the village.

After Pongsakorn learned about the story, he made the Facebook post and public support poured in. 

Local people donated milk powder and dried foods to help the mother, before the abbot learned of the incident and took the family to stay at the temple.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30319212

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-27

(Attempted) human trafficking.... this is a good opportunity for the general to score international brownie points, should the government bother to pursue the father.

i won't be holding my breath, whilst waiting

3 hours ago, hansnl said:

Twenty-twenty year old mother of four.

Rather young.

Possibly mother of five... if you include the one that got sold?

& what's twenty-twenty? I'm sure you meant twenty two

10 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Possibly mother of five... if you include the one that got sold?

& what's twenty-twenty? I'm sure you meant twenty two

Young? I met a girl who had 4 children by the time she turned 15. . . This is in the Philippines where they know about reproduction.. . 

Notice that at no stage have the police been involved in this case of human trafficking. The mother approached her sister for help, not the police. And the sister them turned to the temple for help rather than report it to the police. The temple have also not reported it to the police, thereby covering up the crime. Perfectly sums up the low regard everyone has of the police. Ah, what a wonderful society.

On Tuesday, July 04, 2017 at 10:16 PM, ableguy said:

Uneducated no money, never could afford birth control pills, to be pitied rather than lambasted. This is Thailand.

And possibly completely ignorant of birth control anyway. 

On 7/4/2017 at 10:16 PM, ableguy said:

Uneducated no money, never could afford birth control pills, to be pitied rather than lambasted. This is Thailand.

The only one to be lambasted is the Husband .