Johnny Depp may face perjury charges, Australia's deputy PM warns

webfact

Johnny Depp may face perjury charges, Australia's deputy PM warns

Australia's deputy prime minister has threatened US actor Johnny Depp with perjury charges in a new instalment of the "war on terrier". 

The Pirates of the Caribbean star and then-wife Amber Heard failed to declare their dogs to Australian customs after arriving by private jet in 2015. 

Ms Heard escaped conviction and the pair released an unusual apology video. But legal documents filed in a US court allegedly show Mr Depp was "fully aware" he was breaking Australian laws.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-40413546

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-06-27

Australia's deputy prime minister has threatened US actor Johnny Depp with perjury charges in a new instalment of the "war on terrier". 

Why is the Aussie DPM  going to war with a breed of dog and then blaming Johnny Depp???? 

Edited by Caps

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Oy vey. Nothing more important to worry about down under? 

Australia doesn't need rabies and a few other diseases which are common in Asia and parts of the Americas.

Nail the people who have money, as they can afford to pay their debts.    Charging poor people and you get not money , just the poor people doing jail time

and that costs any country who does that. Cow Jai Mai?

Geezer

4 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

The 'problem' now as I see it is that NOW the real terrorist know that bringing those diseases to Australia is a worthy goal. They brought West Nile Disease to the USA.

Terrorists brought that ragingly dangerous disease to the USA?

"West Nile virus (WNV) is most commonly transmitted to humans by mosquitoes. You can reduce your risk of being infected with WNV by using insect repellent and wearing protective clothing to prevent mosquito bites. There are no medications to treat or vaccines to prevent WNV infection. Fortunately, most people infected with WNV will have no symptoms. About 1 in 5 people who are infected will develop a fever with other symptoms. Less than 1% of infected people develop a serious, sometimes fatal, neurologic illness."

https://www.cdc.gov/westnile/

They should be demoted to "spot-of-botherists".

13 hours ago, masuk said:

Australia doesn't need rabies and a few other diseases which are common in Asia and parts of the Americas.

I am sure those dogs from NA had all the required shots unlike the mutts here. It is law and metal tag is issued for the collars.

9 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

I am sure those dogs from NA had all the required shots unlike the mutts here. It is law and metal tag is issued for the collars.

" metal tag is issued for the collars. "   Who'se  collars ? Depp & partner ?

16 hours ago, masuk said:

As I recall, Australia already has a disease carried by bats that is identical to rabies in every respect but what they're calling it.

New Zealand and Australia have never had rabies. However, in Australia, the closely related Australian bat lyssavirus occurs normally in both insectivorous and fruit-eating bats (flying foxes) from most mainland states. Scientists believe it is present in bat populations throughout the range of flying foxes in Australia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_rabies#Australia

There have been three confirmed cases of ABLV in humans, all of them fatal. The first occurred in November 1996 when an animal carer was scratched by a yellow-bellied sheath-tailed bat. Onset of a rabies-like illness occurred 4–5 weeks following the incident, with death twenty days later

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_bat_lyssavirus

Edited by impulse

3 hours ago, Beats56 said:

It is also a law that animals brought to Oz are quarantined. We don't care about the laws of NA in OUR country.

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:52 AM, malt25 said:

I know 2 people who don't give a rat's arse about this story. Johnny Depp & me.

If you don't give a tinker's toss then why bother reading and posting.  It obviously caused some consternation otherwise you would not have taken the time to get your point across. 

Give the smart A lying P what he deserves, nothing but an up himself Hollywood clown who thinks that because he is who he is he can do what he likes. :sorry: but follow the rules and if you can't then suffer the consequences.  I just hope the minister has the kahunas  to carry out his threat. :wai:

hum....twerking bans here...doggie fines there....the great leaders of the world seem to be bored and have lot's of time to spare.....

now it's Donald's turn to come up with something more amazing...say, ban all computers,  iPhones and ban passengers with pacemakers to board planes?....and why not impose passengers to travel  on an empty stomach?..you never know all the sh*t that can be hidden in a stomach?!!

10 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

hum....twerking bans here...doggie fines there....the great leaders of the world seem to be bored and have lot's of time to spare.....

now it's Donald's turn to come up with something more amazing...say, ban all computers,  iPhones and ban passengers with pacemakers to board planes?....and why not impose passengers to travel  on an empty stomach?..you never know all the sh*t that can be hidden in a stomach?!!

Barnaby Joyce sends his personal thanks for your inclusion of him in "the great leaders of the world." He's not quite sure how he got there , in your estimation at least, but appreciates the thought.

2 minutes ago, halloween said:

Barnaby Joyce sends his personal thanks for your inclusion of him in "the great leaders of the world." He's not quite sure how he got there , in your estimation at least, but appreciates the thought.

Good to see a satisfied customer!!:cheesy:...I'm sure he is as fine a polite gentleman as you are!!

3 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

If you don't give a tinker's toss then why bother reading and posting.  It obviously caused some consternation otherwise you would not have taken the time to get your point across. 

Give the smart A lying P what he deserves, nothing but an up himself Hollywood clown who thinks that because he is who he is he can do what he likes. :sorry: but follow the rules and if you can't then suffer the consequences.  I just hope the minister has the kahunas  to carry out his threat. :wai:

Being an open public forum, most of the content is replies & comment, both positive & negative.

" It obviously caused some consternation otherwise you would not have taken the time to get your point across." Bit like you taking your time to get your point across about my point ?