"Applying make-up and eating while driving quite alright" says top Bangkok cop

webfact

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is hope. He will probably change his mind after his siblings got knocked down by a driver with a big mac in the left a coke in the right hand, watching TV on his dashboard screen, while chasing around Sukhumvit at a speed of 90 km/h.

8 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"It was quite alright to eat or put on make-up - but drivers should wait until it was safe to do so."

Based on that comment, presumably the use of mobile phones is OK, when it is safe to do so.

And there-in lays the problem... most Thais don't know when it's safe to do so...

some think it's fine at 100 miles an hour. !

9 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I watched a good documentary about how people cannot multitask. When I say multitask, I mean literally do 2 or more things at the same time. Brain can't do it.

When driving, your concentration should always be fully on what you're doing - driving. In a country where most people have had no formal driving lessons, I'd say it's absolutely imperative that they give 100% concentration to driving and nothing else. 

The first thing my missus does when she reaches a red light is pull out her phone. I always remind her that Facebook can wait. She always asks "What's the problem? The light's red". Wait for the light to go green and most people aren't concentrating and take a few secs until they start moving. Another reason traffic is so bad. 

People in power really need to know when to stop and think before they speak. 

Ye. Very old saying. "Put your brain into operation before you open your mouth."

10 hours ago, tonray said:

But what if you are only using the phone to talk about what you are eating ?

What if you are eating, applying face paint and talking on the phone but whilst being safe?

I can multitask all-right, I drink and drive, switching beer with sandwich while playing on the phone..

When I have no beer or sandwich in my hand, i would then fondle with the wife breast...

The tricky part is taking ciggies out of the pant's pockets while fondling with that breast but then again, easy, just stir the wheel with the knee... :clap2:

Is it all ok officer, am I doing it right? :whistling:

I can lose the phone if you really insist

Edited by CantSpell

4 minutes ago, CantSpell said:

I can multitask all-right, I drink and drive, switching beer with sandwich while playing on the phone..

When I have no beer or sandwich in my hand, i would then fondle with the wife breast...

The tricky part is taking ciggies out of the pant's pockets while fondling with that breast but then again, easy, just stir the wheel with the knee... :clap2:

Lol. You forgot to mention how u gonne light your smoke..mrs?

I think I just got through the first page to only realize that the posters were referring back to western laws where they think we are a bunch of numb nuts that cant do 2 things at once - & I'm not talking about applying make up or SMS ing 

This article is the perfect complement to ThaiVisa's other headline story today; in a country where a so-called top cop thinks "applying make-up and eating while driving (is) quite alright", they are proposing a 200km/hr high-speed train to Korat.

What could possibly go wrong? Answers should be bound not stapled. Several volumes are acceptable.

1 hour ago, CantSpell said:

Exactly right can manage that 

I once had to do a 4 wheel driving refresher with the mines  the idiot asked the question as to why we need to drive with 2 hands Answer - so you can drive straight (well i left it at that)

1 minute ago, Panda13 said:

Is it true that 50% of the people you meet every day are below average intelligence?

1 minute ago, Panda13 said:

Is it true that 50% of the people you meet every day are below average intelligence?

Only on TV. There is only you and me left and I have my doubts about you :stoner:

13 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Roll a ciggy, what did you think i meant? No surely not that?:cheesy:

13 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Roll a ciggy, what did you think i meant? No surely not that?:cheesy:

ROFL!!

1 minute ago, Catkiwi said:

ROFL!!

I tell you what, after all of the downtrodden depressed , whinging, pessimistic posts that one sees here, it is bloody nice to see some down to earth bloody fun! Cheers Dave!!!

4 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

I tell you what, after all of the downtrodden depressed , whinging, pessimistic posts that one sees here, it is bloody nice to see some down to earth bloody fun! Cheers Dave!!!

Thanks my friend, i am available for weddings, christenings, and Bahmitzvas.