Work Permit With Non-Immigrant O

I currently have a one year, multiple entry non-immigrant O visa based on family visit to adult Thai child (not marriage).

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a work permit with this type of visa.  I understand that I would need to do an extension first.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai. You would show your child's birth certificate when applying for the work permit.

Thanks Joe.  Quick follow up.  No need to get an extension just apply directly for the work permit based on non-o?

Joe, another question on this forum prompts me to ask if my non-o would be cancelled if I ceased working and my work permit was subsequently cancelled?

Or would I just be able to continue staying in Thailand until my non-o visa expired?

5 minutes ago, mngmn said:

Joe, another question on this forum prompts me to ask if my non-o would be cancelled if I ceased working and my work permit was subsequently cancelled?

Or would I just be able to continue staying in Thailand until my non-o visa expired?

Valid visas are not cancelled.

8 minutes ago, mngmn said:

A visa would not be cancelled.

Even an extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai would not end since the extension is not tied to you working.