toy supplier wanted

Joinaman

Hi there

Hoping someone on here can help me out

Have a small shop near a school and currently sell a small selection of basic toys to the students

But here i Nakhon Phanom and Sakhon Nakhon , have very limited places that can supply me with wholesale priced toys

and those that do, have very limited stock of fast selling items

Anyone know where i can go to buy in bulk,  but mixed loads

or do i have to go to Bangkok to find someone ?

Anyone know of anyone that can ship from Bangkok or other cities , with maybe an online site to order through

Looking for cheap basic toys that village schoolchildren can buy m mostly 5 baht or 10 baht, with just a few more expensive items 

Thanks for any information

i agree its low

but we sell loads of toys and things for 5 baht, many for 10 baht, but very few toys for 15- 25 baht

village kids have little money to spend, and not much choice for buying any toys in the local shops

We cleared out all the suppliers of cards that the kids like to swap, selling around 100 plus a day at 5 baht each 

Same with the ice creams, the kids are buying shed loads of 5 baht ones, but very few 10-25 baht ones, have to have a delivery at least once a week

Pile it high sell it cheap, buy it in the morning, sell it in the afternoon

i dont want to be like most of the other shops around here who try to sell everything, they have stock in their shop for years

i want to keep it small and simple, small cash sales, but lots of them

its the same with the iced drinks we sell, in town they are 25 Baht mostly, but dont sell too many

Ours are 10 baht, and we sell around 80 plus  a day

small profit margins on each item, but they buy 2 or 3 items, plus fast turnover 

Would love to sell more expensive drinks and toys, but they wont pay for them so shops that do sell them, have them on their shelves for months

But thanks for the quick reply anyway

Just need to find more stock from somewhere

You would probably need to come to Bangkok and spend a day or so in Sampeng / Yaowarat - Chinatown - specifically around Soi Mangkorn.

I don't believe any of these people sell on-line, and not mixed Lots, a dozen or so of each item would be the minimum, but you may be able to find a supplier who would take Email or Text / Line Orders and will ship to you after payment has been received.

Their Stock changes frequently however so that may be another problem.

Good luck - your business model sounds both viable and socially responsible.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick

was thinking i might have to fly down there, was trying to avoid it

Changing stock is ok, cos that,s what i'm trying to do cos the kids get bored of the same things, need to sell fast, change stock fast

Hope i can either get phone, Line or web site of a couple of them  so i can order from here after the first visit

Thanks Minnie the  Minx

will have a good look at that site, but need fast deliveries if possible, preferably not shipped from china, due to the time and the customs 

It's actually around a week, maybe less, my friend Air in Chonburi buys a lot of bags and other stuff, what she said. No customs unless you are importing perfumes etc.

A lot of toys are made in China, check quality always and safety. Just trying to help you out with ideas.

Edited by Minnie the Minx