Corruption alarm bells after Bt4.6-bn tower project exempted from bidding

webfact

13 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

I thought 'alarm bells' were only rung in this country if a large building project was suspected of being FREE OF CORRUPTION.   

I recall ringing the bell at a go go one Christmas. I think it was the now closed Carousel.

5 hours ago, JCauto said:

And so what use are the "official anti-corruption groups" when they won't voice opposition to something like this due to fear of their masters? Do you not see that as a major problem, one that diminishes their standing and value and makes a mockery of the whole concept of a watchdog? Corruption is not just money changing hands, it's the destruction of integrity and institutions and the coopting of them for political gain. Any watchdog without the balls to speak about obvious and open problems is a neutered bitch.

'JCauto', it's as if you're barking at me, and you shouldn't, because I agree with what you write, ...except about neutered bitches not making good watchdogs. Woof-woof, grrrr!

I don't think you can build a building that tall for that kind of money. On top of that the standard

30% kickback. 10 billion I say. 459 meters is f----ing tall.