Reupholster service in Chiang Mai?

ChiangMaiThai

On 29/06/2017 at 7:05 PM, MrBrad said:

Lanna Cushion does very good work, and they're always busy.  The shop is located in the northeast part of town.  A map is included in their website--which is in Thai, but you should be able to sort it out if you don't read Thai.

http://www.lannacushion.com/

and excellent ifnformation for me too...

Thanks!

Regards,

Joe

• 6 months later...

On recommendation from this thread, I went to Lanna Cushion. They do look like they know what to do and how to do it. I was eager to have them make cushions for my new furniture. After a couple discussions, the main man there basically said he was too busy. Without actually telling me to get lost, he said everything he could to let me know that I should. How fortunate he is to be so successful that he can afford to turn business away. Sooooo....who else is good, please?

On recommendation from this thread, I went to Lanna Cushion. They do look like they know what to do and how to do it. I was eager to have them make cushions for my new furniture. After a couple discussions, the main man there basically said he was too busy. Without actually telling me to get lost, he said everything he could to let me know that I should. How fortunate he is to be so successful that he can afford to turn business away. Sooooo....who else is good, please?

Did you speak Thai or English ? I have always found him pleasant in Thai

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you don't mind driving about 7 kms north of town, just east of the river in Nong Kio District (turn north at PaKoiTai market), there's a very competent upholsterer just behind the now-closed village school.  Actually, two different business exist on this property.  I've never taken anything to the one right alongside the road.  Drive in and talk to Jee [pronounced with a rising tone] at the house on your right.  He's really good, and his prices are very affordable.

By the way, Jee does not speak English.

https://goo.gl/maps/zf6yy7D38ES2

Edited by MrBrad
Spelling correction

Loads in the 1 way system loop between Chang Puak road and the moat.

PS Dump the cat, It'll do it again. Lost 3 m/c seats to a cat I owned before I took it for a walk in the fields.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

MaeJoMBT you are a despicable person. Any animal has a right to expect to be treated with respect but not by you apparently. I hope you are not treated in the manner you indicate. Don't bother to reply because I am not interested. Rot in hell.

8 hours ago, MrBrad said:

If you don't mind driving about 7 kms north of town, just east of the river in Nong Kio District (turn north at PaKoiTai market), there's a very competent upholsterer just behind the now-closed village school.  Actually, two different business exist on this property.  I've never taken anything to the one right alongside the road.  Drive in and talk to Jee [pronounced with a rising tone] at the house on your right.  He's really good, and his prices are very affordable.

By the way, Jee does not speak English.

https://goo.gl/maps/zf6yy7D38ES2

Thank you. I've driven farther for less.

We got our leather sofa recovered by a guy that has a shop if you drive on the moat past chiangmai gate until you see the kawasaki dealer on the left turn left there & shop is around 100m on the left , did an excellent job of our sofa and not expensive either

10 hours ago, thaiscot said:

We got our leather sofa recovered by a guy that has a shop if you drive on the moat past chiangmai gate until you see the kawasaki dealer on the left turn left there & shop is around 100m on the left , did an excellent job of our sofa and not expensive either

Thanks. I will have a look.