Belgian tourist's death on Koh Tao - police deny several online rumors

Jonathan Fairfield

33 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

To be classified as serial killer you only need to kill 3 separate people at different points in time.

They lowered the bar it was five in my day, state of the world today even dumbing down serial killer qualification requirements 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Whilst i might agree with your reasoning, i would say that, given the Thai mentality, and the need to show off, when in the company of their peers, i would sat that, if it was a bunch of them, then one, who could not keep his mouth closed, would have given the game away by now. Letting loose secrets to a close fiend. And of course we know how that stays a secret, with these people.

I am pretty sure they have given the game away many times on the Island but people are too scared to report it because of their connections, do you remember the sickening display by a bunch of thugs in a bar with a mock up hoe after Hannah was beaten to a pulp on the beach.....I do

1 hour ago, Bigdogfarang said:

They lowered the bar it was five in my day, state of the world today even dumbing down serial killer qualification requirements 

Pretty depressing when posters start arguing about how many people have to be murdered to be considered a serial killer :sad:.

3 hours ago, longtom said:

Pot-kettle-black springs to mind.

Do you really not realize that you are doing exactly the same with your serial killer theories?

But I'm not. In the original Luke Miller threads I kept my counsel, hoping there would be an innocent explanation, until it became obvious there was a cover up. In the case of Valentina Novozhyonova, I still hold out the slim hope that she will turn up alive and well. But the attempt by the Koh Tao authorities to keep her disappearance under wraps is rather fishy. Same with the death of Elise Dallemagne. Did you read the statement by the weirdo island cop (the one who likes to wear blonde wigs)? He was denying that any Belgian women had died on Koh Tao. Do you think his handful of island colleagues had forgotten to tell him? He certainly couldn't be lying, could he? That's the stuff of conspiraloons, isn't it Tom? 

2 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

But I'm not. In the original Luke Miller threads I kept my counsel, hoping there would be an innocent explanation, until it became obvious there was a cover up. In the case of Valentina Novozhyonova, I still hold out the slim hope that she will turn up alive and well. But the attempt by the Koh Tao authorities to keep her disappearance under wraps is rather fishy. Same with the death of Elise Dallemagne. Did you read the statement by the weirdo island cop (the one who likes to wear blonde wigs)? He was denying that any Belgian women had died on Koh Tao. Do you think his handful of island colleagues had forgotten to tell him? He certainly couldn't be lying, could he? That's the stuff of conspiraloons, isn't it Tom? 

You read a single source, a highly questionably article from Samuitimes then you start regurgitating it as absolute fact even adding your own nonsense to the story.

That is the exactly the stuff of conspiraloons, isn't it khun han?

23 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Of course the weirdo cop has vested interests, but that means we should just ignore what he said  and not take is as proof that something sinister happened, imho. I just wish people could keep an open mind and not slag down anybody that isn't convinced 100% that all these deaths must be the work of serial killer.

BTW love the expression conspiraloons, never heard that one before.

23 minutes ago, longtom said:

Of course the weirdo cop has vested interests, but that means we should just ignore what he said  and not take is as proof that something sinister happened, imho. I just wish people could keep an open mind and not slag down anybody that isn't convinced 100% that all these deaths must be the work of serial killer.

BTW love the expression conspiraloons, never heard that one before.

And trying to keep an open mind is what I've started out doing with each of the deaths, keeping my counsel early in the discussions. But in each case, more and more suspicious behaviour by the Koh Tao authorities comes to light as the case unfolds. And the strange deaths are starting to stack up. Koh Tao must be the unluckiest small island on earth, or.....

8 hours ago, Mises said:

Much better source of news than the joke that is the Samui Times, only thing is they do highlight issues such as this that have apparently been swept under the carpet by the authorities for 2 months.

Anyone have evidence of cremation without family permission? as I'd like to take that up with British Embassy and ask them about it.

I see that the usual Koh Toa apologists are out in force, must mean that the shit really has hit the fan, again .....

First points of interest might be:

1. Why did Elise decide to get off the ferry to Chumpon at Koh Tao?  Afraid of someone following her?

2. Why did she refuse to give her passport number and change her family name on the check-in form?  Again, was she afraid of someone following her.?

3.. The fire that destroyed 3 bungalows apparently started in hers first. Nervous? Jittery?

Elise's change her surname.jpg

5 hours ago, onthesoi said:

You read a single source, a highly questionably article from Samuitimes then you start regurgitating it as absolute fact even adding your own nonsense to the story.

That is the exactly the stuff of conspiraloons, isn't it khun han?

A reporter is claimimg there is eye-witnesses casting doubt on the police explanation

8 hours ago, rockingrobin said:

A reporter is claimimg there is eye-witnesses casting doubt on the police explanation

Well we all know how much those eye witnesses speak out the truth when push comes to shove. 

Good luck to the reporter. 

26 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Police on Koh Tao are searching the island for Raaman Andreas. The cult leader from Koh Phangnan where Elise had fled from.
192803_193725280687217_2527671_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=a66d5dd21d3b25fbfdb38f659129cb80&oe=5A0E3432

Scapegoat found?

- "a Thai would never do that",  -  everybody knows

Edited by sweatalot

17 hours ago, smedly said:

I am pretty sure they have given the game away many times on the Island but people are too scared to report it because of their connections, do you remember the sickening display by a bunch of thugs in a bar with a mock up hoe after Hannah was beaten to a pulp on the beach.....I do

was that the one where the thai guy said that some guy touched her up?

1 hour ago, JLCrab said:

you're right, not their average goat, anyway some conditions apply:

• he is not Thai (most important)
  • he has to do with a "cult"

no.2 can be used only if people distrust this "cult" - which they do automatic when it is called a "cult"

In this case I read a few thing of their founder Satya Sai Baba.

The few things that I know do not sound bad and not harmful in any way.

Just people who try to find peace and happiness without drugs

Edited by sweatalot

16 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/06/30/koh-tao-cops-investigate-suicide-belgian-tourist/

We now also know that her luggage did arrive at Chumphon, BP article , previously dismissed by police

So why did she get off the boat, letting her luggage continue to Chumpon?

1. She was in a panic - fleeing someone?

2. On a whim, she fancied a few days on Koh Tao.But who would forget their luggage??

3. She was forced by someone to leave the boat- sounds improbable.

2 months is a long time ago, but it may be possible to find someone who saw her on the boat.

Reading that Thai Rath article Wilsonandson,  the rescue official says they found her body intact, though decomposition had set in. 

Mr Chalermsak Saithanu, the rescue volunteer who brought Elise's body out from the point it was found, said on that day a citizen had found her body hanging from a tree with a nylon rope tied around her neck. Nearby was her bag with her phone, wallet, a bottle of alcohol, a bottle of benzine and a handwritten letter inside. Police kept all as evidence.

( As can be seen in the photos and video, the branches of the tree are quite low) 

I have a theory after watching the video, what if her body was burned inside the bungalow, maybe started as an accident originally or maybe not . Then the owner got scared and they made it look like a suicide.

So did anyone see a picture of her body ? We know she was cremated before her mother arrived.  Just a theory but the picture of the dead body "eaten by lizards" could end that theory. 

Edited by balo

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

Reading that Thai Rath article Wilsonandson,  the rescue official says they found her body intact, though decomposition had set in. 

Mr Chalermsak Saithanu, the rescue volunteer who brought Elise's body out from the point it was found, said on that day a citizen had found her body hanging from a tree with a nylon rope tied around her neck. Nearby was her bag with her phone, wallet, a bottle of alcohol, a bottle of benzine and a handwritten letter inside. Police kept all as evidence.

( As can be seen in the photos and video, the branches of the tree are quite low) 

There's nothing other than contradictory information :sad:.

The poor woman was found hanged/lying on rocks - some of her baggage ended up in Chumphon/it didn't - the fire started in her accommodation/elsewhere  -etc. etc.

22 minutes ago, bannork said:

What is not clear apart from the people who first disovered the body, who arrived next rescue team or police