Get rid of buses from Pattaya and Jomtien Beach

lcp0761

18 hours ago, jobsworth said:

before they built the bus station in pattaya the bus from bangkok arrived at the north end of beach road. since this is no longer allowed how can these tourist buses be allowed to do this.

The tourist buses take people to their hotels as they do anywhere in the world. The buses to the bus station do not.

However, they should be banned on Beach Rd.

The tourist buses take people to their hotels as they do anywhere in the world. The buses to the bus station do not.
However, they should be banned on Beach Rd.

The tour buses here are like no bus operators in the world. Lined-up/parked where they want, double parked, unloading passengers into oncoming traffic, and buses bellowing black smoke while idling for hours. Adding to the frustration the bus passengers are mostly Chinese/Korean and are clueless on transiting the road in traffic.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 6/30/2017 at 7:42 PM, Bastos60 said:

They should abolish all traffic on beach road all together with the exception of some baht buses and motorbikes. Let people make big loops using 2nd and 3rd road.

For the large tour buses, yeah they should have drop-off zones close to the hotels and have people walk to extra 500m or so to their hotel. 

I got clipped on my hip bone by a speeding prick on a huge motorbike several years ago, when there were very few buses , my point  is ban one problem another takes it place .

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
One of the biggest coach parks is actually between Beach Rd and 2nd Rd, near the Twin Palms hotel.
The problem seems difficult to solve; it just gets moved from one location to another: Beach Rd to Bali Hai, then back again.

Yes it’s a big parking area but I see a lot of buses either idling out front (sitting or letting passengers off) or queuing waiting to enter.

On 7/8/2017 at 11:03 PM, ableguy said:
On 6/30/2017 at 7:42 PM, Bastos60 said:

They should abolish all traffic on beach road all together with the exception of some baht buses and motorbikes. Let people make big loops using 2nd and 3rd road.

For the large tour buses, yeah they should have drop-off zones close to the hotels and have people walk to extra 500m or so to their hotel. 

I got clipped on my hip bone by a speeding prick on a huge motorbike several years ago, when there were very few buses , my point  is ban one problem another takes it place .

LOL> as if they will ban their bread and butter to please a few expats who like to drive around Beach Road unimpeded by buses.

Riding a motorcycle behind a bus is the safest way to travel as no one will get in your way LOL. As a motorcyclist, I really don't find them to be much of a problem.

If they had to choose between banning motorcycles and buses, it would be the motorcycles that go... as is the case in most Chinese cities.

• Like 1

i think there wouldnt be much traffic jam if the 2nd lane wasnt used up as parking slot.

i think the city should buy up land and make parking slots to free up the 2nd lane,

and then enforce no parking, and enforce a parking floor for any new building

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:26 AM, poanoi said:

i think there wouldnt be much traffic jam if the 2nd lane wasnt used up as parking slot.

i think the city should buy up land and make parking slots to free up the 2nd lane,

and then enforce no parking, and enforce a parking floor for any new building

It's not the city's responsibility to provide parking. However, private enterprise would do so if cars were banned from parking on the streets.

Unfortunately, councils love cars too much, and will never do what they should and ban them all from city streets.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
LOL> as if they will ban their bread and butter to please a few expats who like to drive around Beach Road unimpeded by buses.

Riding a motorcycle behind a bus is the safest way to travel as no one will get in your way LOL. As a motorcyclist, I really don't find them to be much of a problem.

If they had to choose between banning motorcycles and buses, it would be the motorcycles that go... as is the case in most Chinese cities.

Safe re: accidents maybe but unsafe re: pollution! Tourist buses should be annually certified for maintenance and pollution standards and if it doesn’t pass its off the road!