The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Marriage makes the difference. Living together implies no commitment to the family, while most of us know that the family will be involved if getting married. Marry the girl, marry her family etc.

If someone just living with the girl wants to make large financial commitments to the family it is entirely down to them, but no necessity to do so.

I reckon that being fleeced emotionally hurts alot more than financially. Trust, reciprocity a.o.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Well Gentlemen,

As you can see I am just ventilating and trying to piece it all together in my own mind but,as far as I am concerned,it all seems like such a scary fantasy world now and the only thing I miss about it is my little dog.

In the meantime it is just medical stuff and linking myself back into a far more complex (computerized) world than the one I left.Pretty much all the systems that I was used to in 2010 have changed and therefore I require new assessments in everything but I will overcome new challenges as they arise,I hope.Other then that it is plenty of rest and relaxation.

I wonder how the dark lord is getting along?

So Odysseus ...  you got out of that marriage as you mentioned it was on the rocks because you said no more money for the restaurant .. ?

45 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Similar stories here, fortunately on a smaller scale though.

Wife sells pizza and BBQ in the neighbourhood, revenue isr her money, I pay for the ingredients. Profitable business! When I refused to buy the ingredients any longer, wife said "too little money for too much work". End of business...

Wife was once a successful dressmaker, had 20 girls working for her, got bankrupted when family talked  her into being a  guarantor for a bankloan of her older brother. 

That brother wanted to start a "hospitality business" and spent all the money while "prospecting" for "girls" in Issaan. Only in Thailand.

Some time ago wife made several nice silk dresses for rich customers, I paid for the silk, never saw that money back.

Stepson wanted to sell Thai style coffee from a wagon, needed 20.000 for that, I refused, so he borrowed from family - the business lasted 1 month. Money gone.

Wife lended 20.000 to her daughter (from the household money, I did not know), when the money was finished the BF came to ask for more - that is how I found out about it.

Nowadays I give money  for groceries only case by case, no more weekly amount.

Of course they call me stingy.

Ha..ha..ha..old Hippy!

I did the same thing but my Waterloo came when a mob of angry peasants surrounded my house shouting "To the Bastille!"

To which I roared back..

"I don't care,you can all go and eat cake as far as I am concerned!"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, luk AJ said:

How can they fleece so many of us? Most of us are old and wise but seem to loose it all for the body of a local gal...
She is the spider and the family the web.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

My gal was 53 when we married (I was 57)...

• Like 2

Thaibeachlovers.

"Not a single word of appreciation..."

I saved the itinerant uncle's life and there was not a single thank you in return.In fact they seemed to take it as a slight against  the appallingly bad local hospital which was  doing its best to kill him off.

Of course I was on my way out as well...

• Like 2