1 hour ago, Ian1980 said:

Flying domestic to bkk can be dangerous, before going out the country?

No problem flying domestic. It is actually safer than traveling by road, as you do not risk checkpoints.

• Like 2

I don't understand people not keeping track of the days to report to IO. There are apps that will count down the days for you. And have no money...well maybe you go back home to earn a few bucks. Not trying to be harsh here just use some common sense.

• Like 2

Crossing  a land border with an overstay can lead to you being  refused return entrance  to Thailand

and being forced to stay in another country where you do not have a legal visa.

Would you rather be in detention in Laos or Cambodia?

Think about it.

There was recently a post by someone who is or was stuck in Laos, not allowed to return to Thailand, and unable to afford an air ticket out of that country.

26 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Crossing  a land border with an overstay can lead to you being  refused return entrance  to Thailand

Think about it.

There was recently a post by someone who is or was stuck in Laos, not allowed to return to Thailand, and unable to afford an air ticket out of that country.

How does one enter Laos/Cambodia without a valid legal visa? 

Maybe you should give it some thought? 

Edited by perthperson
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beats56 said:

I don't understand people not keeping track of the days to report to IO. There are apps that will count down the days for you. And have no money...well maybe you go back home to earn a few bucks. Not trying to be harsh here just use some common sense.

I don't think his problem was "not keeping track".  OP specifically mentioned it was a money thing, which he says he's now "resolved".  I don't know; I don't care; as long as he doesn't get stopped somewhere before the airport in BKK, he pays his fine, leaves, and then gets a visa to come back or whatever.  If he's trying to reside in Thailand on tourist visas, he's got issues ahead.  Otherwise, just let it go.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

Think about it.

If turned-around, they cancel your exit-stamp in the country where you just left, and your existing permitted-stay continues to run.

If I was the guy in Laos, I would have taken a bus to Cambodia, where you can stay as long as you want at minimal cost.  If he speaks English, teaching jobs are easy to find - no degree required.  Fan rooms in Phnom Penh start at $40 USD/mo - meals can be had for well under $1 - rice with fresh catfish and veggies, assuming he could afford a little rice-cooker.

But, if so "out of money" that even that is not possible - no way he could make it for long in Thailand, anyway.

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

Who know? Maybe a rich aunt died and left him money in her will. Maybe, he won the lottery. Maybe he finally managed to sell his house somewhere. It is none of our business, and does not affect the answers to his questions in any way.

I'm fully enlightened now .. thanks.