Day trip question - Phi phi from Phuket

sunny17

While planing my detailed Thailand trip, I ran into an issue about Koh Phi Phi - I plan to be taking a 6 island (including Phi Phi) Day trip from Phuket.

However I do not want to return with the tour party and instead would like to spend one night in Phi Phi.

**So my question is, is there any tour operator from Phuket, which stops at Ko Phi Phi last (of the 6 islands) and/or stays behind for the evening fire dance shows in Phi Phi.**

It will be great is the experts can help me out with this. 

Agree with stevenl. Get the regular ferry, around 400 baht each way, and take a long tail boat to Maya Bay very early the following morning and leave before the Chinese hordes arrive from around 10am.

The other islands are fleeting stops apart from Koh Khai at the end of the trip and, believe me, you won't be missing anything by not going there, unless you are into overpriced cocktails, snorkelling in dirty water and sharing a small beach with about 5000 Chinese tourists!  

Edited by madmitch

10 hours ago, sfokevin said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsee1Lv3WjiUe3kMKIubg

The beauty of Koh Phi Phi... :coffee1:

That photo was made quite some time ago. Since about one year national park fees are collected there, resulting in a much nicer view because the number of people has been reduced by about 90%.

11 hours ago, sfokevin said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsee1Lv3WjiUe3kMKIubg

The beauty of Koh Phi Phi... :coffee1:

this must have been during peak season.

2 questions - once I get to Phi Phi by boat, is 4-5 hours going to be enough to do a long tail trip of Maya bay and allied attractions of the smaller phi phi island.

And secondly how about the bigger Phi Phi island. How long for that. 

I shall be reaching Phi Phi at 10 AM on one day- then I shall do the maya bay trip, then back and join the pool party at ibiza hotel, then evening and night I shall check out the fire dance and shops of bigger Phi Phi island. 

Next morning, I shall have from morning 8 to noon to see the bigger Phi Phi island (is that going to be enough) - then take boat back to Phuket and then overnight bus at 3.30 PM to bangkok.

Doable?

Edited by sunny17

On 7/4/2017 at 7:52 PM, stevenl said:

That photo was made quite some time ago. Since about one year national park fees are collected there, resulting in a much nicer view because the number of people has been reduced by about 90%.

Are you sure? Yes, you're right about the national park fees being collected but they're collected by the tour companies and included in the overall price. I haven't been on a day trip for a while, and don't ever intend to again, but reports from those that have been there indicate that it's still horrendously busy.

Also @sunny17, IMO you'll be better seeing Phi Phi Don when you arrive and do your trip to Maya very early the next morning. In that way you'll avoid the day-trip crowds.

Isn't that photo one of the crowds on the beach at James Bond Island?

A - there are many people who have obviously arrived on that beach by speedboat.

B - they're not doing any beachy activities. They're all pretty much fully dressed and walking around with all their stuff.

I reckon it's James Bond Island.

???

On 7/6/2017 at 11:29 AM, madmitch said:

Are you sure? Yes, you're right about the national park fees being collected but they're collected by the tour companies and included in the overall price. I haven't been on a day trip for a while, and don't ever intend to again, but reports from those that have been there indicate that it's still horrendously busy.

Also @sunny17, IMO you'll be better seeing Phi Phi Don when you arrive and do your trip to Maya very early the next morning. In that way you'll avoid the day-trip crowds.

I am there frequently, and  it is far from as busy as on those photos. Rangers are visiting the beaches and boats to collect the fees these days.

4 minutes ago, Tapster said:

Isn't that photo one of the crowds on the beach at James Bond Island?

A - there are many people who have obviously arrived on that beach by speedboat.

B - they're not doing any beachy activities. They're all pretty much fully dressed and walking around with all their stuff.

I reckon it's James Bond Island.

???

No, photo is Maya Bay.