Not again! Dog owner agrees to compensation after a pack of dogs attacked a three year old girl in the street

webfact

Not again! Dog owner agrees to compensation after a pack of dogs attacked a three year old girl in the street

screenshot_5040.jpg

Picture: Daily News

SAMUT PRAKARN: -- A dog owner has agreed to pay 50,000 baht after nearly ten of their dogs mauled a neighbor's daughter.

Nong Min, 3, needed thirty stitches to bite wounds on both her legs. She has had to have daily treatment at Samrong Hospital after the attack on Thursday evening in Soi Wat Traisamakhee 8, in Muang district of Samut Prakarn.

Daily News reported that the owner refused to take responsibility at first even taunting the neighbor to "go ahead and make a compensation claim".

Police had to issue two summonses before the owner finally responded.

But even then the owner was not brave enough to go themselves - they sent their son to face the music at Samut Prakarn police station.

The son - who was not named - said the media and TV had got it all wrong.

His parent had immediately agreed to pay 20,000 baht for the hospital bills a sum that was agreed with the child's relative Saowanee Thawinrat, 24.

Yesterday at the police station with TV cameras looking on the owner of the dogs said through their son that they would pay 50,000 baht if the case was dropped.

This was agreed by Saowanee as she cradled the little girl who was attacked.

Thaivisa notes that in Thailand matters are often settled with financial payments in lieu of any prosecution.

Daily News made no mention of any police action in the case apart from acting as mediators.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-04

What would happen if it was a farang kid ?? One with loads of insurances and free legal assistance and so.

50.000 is not much, the kid will be scared to death for dogs for a long time.

But at least the owner had to pay, i'm happy to hear that and hope dowowners get more responsible from now on. It's no fun on the streets with loads of rabies dogs.

Saw the video of the attack. I am a dog lover n have 2 dogs myself. This dog owner is irresponsible. He did not put his dogs on leash when he left his gates open. The poor girl walk pass n got attack.

He should be punish and there should not be any form of negotiation for compensation. He should just take care of all the hospital bills and any bills after to make sure the girl makes a full recovery. 

He should also be punish for his irresponsible negligence and the way he handles his dogs endangering others.

No matter how friendly my dogs are i always keep a leash on them when i walk them just in case

I have said it before, the Thai law is flawed or basically stupid regarding dogs...
I was attacked by a dog, I had to get stitches and rabies shots at the hospital but the police told me that I would not get prosecuted as I had not hurt the dog fighting it off and then they did nothing about the dog or the owner... that is how flawed the Thai law is!!!

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

What would happen if it was a farang kid ?? One with loads of insurances and free legal assistance and so.

50.000 is not much, the kid will be scared to death for dogs for a long time.

But at least the owner had to pay, i'm happy to hear that and hope dowowners get more responsible from now on. It's no fun on the streets with loads of rabies dogs.

they agreed to pay. often they agree and then dont hand over the cash.

13 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

I have said it before, the Thai law is flawed or basically stupid regarding dogs...
I was attacked by a dog, I had to get stitches and rabies shots at the hospital but the police told me that I would not get prosecuted as I had not hurt the dog fighting it off and then they did nothing about the dog or the owner... that is how flawed the Thai law is!!!

that is messed up; carry a dog stick always; i do on my bicycle

1 hour ago, shanesox said:

Take your own action against Street Dogs! In Ayutthaya there was a thriving poisoning activity...umm I won't tell you who took part !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That's a very cowardly act just in case you didn't know that already 

If I get bit by a Thai dog that dog will be dead.  If I get arrested for killing the dog I guess I will see what

a Thai jail looks like. This dog owner does not deserve to have any living dogs, just shot dead dogs.

Shame on the police department for not destroying any of these animals.

Geezer

6 hours ago, webfact said:

no mention of any police action in the case apart from acting as mediators.

I'll bet they were beavering away to get their cut.  It's only the scent of money that makes them break into a sweat. No attempt to prosecute the irresponsible owner.

4 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Why not, pay the hospital and get a new TV and mobiles.

exactly. what did they want to happen. torture the dogs or something. girl got bit. owners paid. end of story. had it been my daughter I would've shot the dogs. paid the owners. end of story. not rocket science is it

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

They would be classed as dangerous animals in Australia and put down, the owner would also be charged.  Thailand needs to get more strict on owners and dangerous dogs.

How do you classify a dangerous dog from a normal dog?

If you are talking about breeds, it really doesn't work like that. There are too many variables involved.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Yesterday at the police station with TV cameras looking on the owner of the dogs said through their son that they would pay 50,000 baht if the case was dropped.

This was agreed by Saowanee as she cradled the little girl who was attacked.

Thaivisa notes that in Thailand matters are often settled with financial payments in lieu of any prosecution.

Until this sort of action is removed from 'legal process' nothing will change. Have to admit, the OP was worded correctly showing it is possibly for an offender to have a case dropped by paying for it. Crazy for any country's legal system when you read it like that.

It also should be noted that this practice is not only for dog attacks.

6 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

Saw the video of the attack. I am a dog lover n have 2 dogs myself. This dog owner is irresponsible. He did not put his dogs on leash when he left his gates open. The poor girl walk pass n got attack.

He should be punish and there should not be any form of negotiation for compensation. He should just take care of all the hospital bills and any bills after to make sure the girl makes a full recovery. 

He should also be punish for his irresponsible negligence and the way he handles his dogs endangering others.

No matter how friendly my dogs are i always keep a leash on them when i walk them just in case

I have a better solution, but can't say that here

2 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

55555555555  :biggrin:

regarding this law - it's not about you, 

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

exactly. what did they want to happen. torture the dogs or something. girl got bit. owners paid. end of story. had it been my daughter I would've shot the dogs. paid the owners. end of story. not rocket science is it

Thats if you can find a gun 

God forbid it ti happen but if a dog kills a person is the dog still innocent ?  In the interim all dogs should be muzzled even when on a leash with its owner + owners i.d. on its collar .. Now getting to repeat the same type of post that was featured yesterday .  

So how do the Buddhists treat their dogs in the other Asian countries  ? Do they all sing from the same hymn book ?

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

They would be classed as dangerous animals in Australia and put down, the owner would also be charged.  Thailand needs to get more strict on owners and dangerous dogs.

Why does Oz so often get things the wrong way around? It's the owner who should be put down.

3 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

If I get bit by a Thai dog that dog will be dead.  If I get arrested for killing the dog I guess I will see what

a Thai jail looks like. This dog owner does not deserve to have any living dogs, just shot dead dogs.

Shame on the police department for not destroying any of these animals.

Geezer

If you get bitten by ANY dog it will probably be your own fault, you are so bitter and twisted in your mindset.