Motorbike makeover.

davehowden

I want to get my 7 year old Honda tidied up, spray in various scratches, new twist grips, foot rest rubbers etc.

Anywhere near Kad Farang that folks have used with satisfaction please?

Many thanks.

Dave,  what model bike is it?  I dont personally know of a place near Kad Falang but parts are easy to get in town.  Even a new set of 'plastics' is quite cheap.

Sangchai Panich on the road that leads to the bus station is a very good after market shop.  Lots of original parts too.

Yes its the name of the shop.  Head down the road as if going to the bus station/terminal.  You will see a Honda motorbike dealership on your right, next to that is a car cleaning place and then its Sangchai Panich  If youvgone past the Isuzi dearership then youve gone too far.

Lots of Honda wave parts in the store...including sprockets, chains, footpeg rubber etc etc.   It my go to place for any Honda bike parts...they even have some Kawasaki stuff but not as much as Honda.  Ive recommended this place to lots of Expats as its probably the best outlet in Chiang Mai and not expensive.

A lot of retail shops also buy from this place.  Some of the staff speak English so if your after other parts they can pull the parts catalogue for you.

I did this when I wanted a complete set of plastics for my CRF.  I just wrote down all the parts numbers and 10 minutes later the brought them in from their warehouse out the back.  From memory only about 2500 baht (Maybe less).  I expect Wave plastics to be less, oh and you can also get replacement decals there too.

Better put in my disclaimer.... I have no affiliation to this shop or financial interest.   Its just a damn good parts shop!

Just completed renovating my Wave 100C that I bought from the brother in law. He needed the money and I was wearing out our car on 1 kilometer booze runs.

I spent about 2000 doing it.

It previously had a sidecar so first thing was to get the welded on bolt  from frame removed and respray the black central strip. Added the wire rack to help disguise the hole

New tyres  ( slightly bigger than standard ) 900 baht

Chain and sprockets ( changed final sprocket down to 34 from 35...460 baht ) ) 

Ditched the enclosed chain guard for top guard only  ( 100 baht )

Oil changed ( with a little STP thrown in )

Plug and air filter

Padded grips  ( 30 baht )

Clutch cover (  70 baht )

Carb cleaned ( 80 baht )

Apart from that, getting some rust off the front wheel rim with scouring wire took a bit of time and effort and finally , removing all the stickers was a real pain as residual glue proved hard to scrape off. Used WD40 and plastic scraper plus the back off a metal spoon for stubborn bits. 

Got it as good as I can get it to my taste.

WP_20170705_003.jpg

WP_20170705_001.jpg

27 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

Yes its the name of the shop.  Head down the road as if going to the bus station/terminal.  You will see a Honda motorbike dealership on your right, next to that is a car cleaning place and then its Sangchai Panich  If youvgone past the Isuzi dearership then youve gone too far.

Lots of Honda wave parts in the store...including sprockets, chains, footpeg rubber etc etc.   It my go to place for any Honda bike parts...they even have some Kawasaki stuff but not as much as Honda.  Ive recommended this place to lots of Expats as its probably the best outlet in Chiang Mai and not expensive.

A lot of retail shops also buy from this place.  Some of the staff speak English so if your after other parts they can pull the parts catalogue for you.

I did this when I wanted a complete set of plastics for my CRF.  I just wrote down all the parts numbers and 10 minutes later the brought them in from their warehouse out the back.  From memory only about 2500 baht (Maybe less).  I expect Wave plastics to be less, oh and you can also get replacement decals there too.

Better put in my disclaimer.... I have no affiliation to this shop or financial interest.   Its just a damn good parts shop!

So then what do you do? Take it to Honda next door?

How much was that?

Thanks

I did all the work myself as it didnt appear too difficult (Raised on a farm back in NZ and learnt quickly how to keep machinery working... including preventative maintainence).  I also like to see/learn how things 'click'

Im sure Honda next door would/could change plastics for you at a very nominal/minimal fee.  Heck labour charges here are very low in comparison to the home country.

14 hours ago, davehowden said:

Thanks again for your time, most helpful.

Not near Kad Farang, but not too far at Sanpatong.

From Kad Farang, turn left onto the 108 Hang Dong Road.

Go through Hang Dong High Street. Keep going until you reach Sanpatong High Street. At the end of Sanpatong High Street just past the post office on the left, there is a huge Niyom Phanich. In there they do everything, have all new parts for many models of motorbikes, will touch up body work, do resprays or replace panels. Experienced mechanics and won`t rip you off either. Open for motorbike work every day except Sunday`s.

Archived