Netherlands To Prosecute Dutch Coffeeshop Owner Imprisoned In Thailand

webfact

14 hours ago, webfact said:

"They did pay taxes, but 25 million euros too little", the spokesperson said. 

25 million Euro is also some kind of money – almost 1 billion baht – well, relative a lot from in view...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legally it stinks,but in my opinion his trade does always.

But that can never be a reason to lock him up in Thailand, where he couldn't have done anything wrong except contributing to the Thai economy big time, as he is NOT convicted of ANYTHING in The Netherlands.

The link , whispered by a stool pigeon from The Netherlands, some say even trough an Embassy request!!,has been fraud from day 1.

A suspect today!!!! after being a target for 4 years without proof, is convicted  2 years ago in Thailand on suspicion of money laundering, and he wasn't even indicted .

If and i hope soon, Johan will be send to The Netherlands to stand trial, he will go after the source..........and will demand big time compensation money,

On ‎5‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:01 AM, darksidedog said:

Given that Mr. van Laarhoven is currently serving a 73 year sentence, it seems they are going to have to wait a little while before they can have their crack at him. I wonder what the statute of limitations is in Holland for fraud and money laundering?

Maybe the law there allows the to prosecute in Absentia and if so and he is convicted then maybe they can confiscate his assets, if any, as proceeds of crime and get another case cleared and off their books.:wai:

they gave cannabis free in holland because of history ( hippi s 60 is ) democracy ( people like it ) and of business (tourism tax millions just holiday there for legal weed ) but in real they (legal community police courts state prosecuters ) never like it and hate the success of these businesses ( jealousy , conservatism etc etc ) so as in theyr own country they cannot do much. against a guy who dont pay all the taxes (except a fine ) they lie to the Thai police and the thai authority's legal community who in heart deeply hate foreigners are more than happy to lock up quick and long with the hope that the man die in jail and truth never gets revealed..if it all surfaces the dutch government has to compensate big very big..the thai ? ma pen rai is only a falang ( lower than dog ) why worry dont think too much...

On 7/5/2017 at 9:19 AM, robblok said:

That is what his lawyer is saying.. read the full link. Would be good if he is exchanged from Thailand to Holland then its easier for him to defend himself. 

I think all around it would be a good thing for him to be sent to Holland to face charges. Even if he loses.

I know that if I ever had to do prison time, which place I would rather spend that in.