Divorce with thai Wife. Will yellow tabien baan be revoked?

Divorce with thai Wife, will tabien baan be revoked?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, I would just loke to enquire.
I am a holder of a yellow house registration book and a pink thai ID card applied through my spouse who is thai. After divorce, is the tabien baan issued permanently or Will It be revoked? And can I renew my thai ID card after its expiry?  Thank you.

The yellow house book is based upon a blue house book not your marriage. Unless the house master of the blue house book was to request your yellow house book be canceled it would valid indefinitely.

Not sure why you created to poll to get answers to your questions.

• Like 2

Thanks for your replies. I consulted a lawyer but he said that I got a yellow tabien baan is because I was married to a thai national and after divorce it would cease validity as the reason that I am able to be registered in the yellow tabien baan was based on the marriage itself.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct. There is no requirement for you to be married to a Thai to get a yellow house book.

Oh so meaning to say it's valid for life once issued whether divorced or not?

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct. There is no requirement for you to be married to a Thai to get a yellow house book.

I know sir, but it's because mine was based on marriage, so do many of the farangs living here in thailand

11 minutes ago, Mattd said:

I do not think that definition is correct, there are a lot of people that have Yellow Tabien Bahn and Pink ID card that are not and never have been married.

12 minutes ago, Mr Sanook said:

Oh so meaning to say it's valid for life once issued whether divorced or not?

Yes it would still be valid.

But if you are no longer living where it is for your address on it would not be correct.

• Like 1

Thanks ubonjoe. I am planning on getting a new condo and changing my address to it. I live in bkk and the amphur is a pain in the arse as they do not speak English and always require a thai witness for everything

3 minutes ago, Mr Sanook said:

Thanks ubonjoe. I am planning on getting a new condo and changing my address to it. I live in bkk and the amphur is a pain in the arse as they do not speak English and always require a thai witness for everything

You cannot have the address changed on a yellow house book since it based upon a blue house book for the address that is on it.

You will have to get a new one after canceling the current one when you get the blue house book for your condo .

• Like 1

But more importantly is your visa to stay in Thailand still valid AFTER you are divorced from your wife or do you actually have a yearly extension of your current visa based upon your marriage to a Thai.

By which I mean, is your marriage visa still valid or is it really a yearly extension based on your  marriage to a Thai.

If your original visa has expired (is out of date) but it has been extended by reason of your marriage to a Thai each year you may be in for a rude shock if you divorce your wife as the reason for your yearly extension of that visa may end with your divorce.

You have to be very careful here  that you still have a legal reason to stay in Thailand, a valid current visa that allows you to stay in Thailand after your divorce is made final.

Ask your Thai lawyer abut this.

I am NOT an expert on this subject, ask some one  who is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IMA_FARANG said:

But more importantly is your visa to stay in Thailand still valid AFTER you are divorced from your wife or do you actually have a yearly extension of your current visa based upon your marriage to a Thai.

By which I mean, is your marriage visa still valid or is it really a yearly extension based on your  marriage to a Thai.

If your original visa has expired (is out of date) but it has been extended by reason of your marriage to a Thai each year you may be in for a rude shock if you divorce your wife as the reason for your yearly extension of that visa may end with your divorce.

You have to be very careful here  that you still have a legal reason to stay in Thailand, a valid current visa that allows you to stay in Thailand after your divorce is made final.

Ask your Thai lawyer abut this.

I am NOT an expert on this subject, ask some one  who is.

not an expert either however i thought the extension would remain valid until next renewal date. not the divorce date per se

Just now, YetAnother said:

not an expert either however i thought the extension would remain valid until next renewal date. not the divorce date per se

The extension technically ends on the date of the divorce is finalized. Unless somebody notifies immigration it would not be canceled.

In the case of the spouse passing away it would remain valid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Sanook said:

not only where you live now. It is quite common that a Thai has to witness official documents by stating that they know you.
(you will face this issue when you ask for a yellow tabien Baan for your Condo. Even though the Blue Tabien Baan is issued and you are the registered owner, you cannot be registered at the address using a Blue book.)

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot have the address changed on a yellow house book since it based upon a blue house book for the address that is on it.

You will have to get a new one after canceling the current one when you get the blue house book for your condo .

But but my name and thai ID won't  be on it though?

Thanks for your replies everyone. Actually to me visa is not important right now as i plan to return to my home country, gather some wealth again and move back here. I am just afraid the yellow tabien baan may just become a useless and invalid book after divorce. As you know this book is useful for foreigners to do stuff like buying vehicles, signings for telco line etc.

Just now, Mr Sanook said:

But but my name and thai ID won't  be on it though?

That is why you need to get a yellow book based upon the blue book. You would need proof you owned the condo to get the yellow book.

• Like 1

You will have to make your yellow book "invalid" at the Amphur where you got it; they will make a stamp in it and register.  Then you will have to present you at your new Amphur (with the old yellow book) and show evidence that you live there.  The new Amphur will make a new yellow book with your new address at no cost.

Good Luck...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

But more importantly is your visa to stay in Thailand still valid AFTER you are divorced from your wife

Of course if he has a visa it would remain valid

Visas are not extended.

I am NOT an expert on this subject,

So true.

17 hours ago, nivram4491 said:

I got a yellow book when I was married. After I got a divorce I moved to another house and got a new yellow book by taking the owner to the District Office. 

Oh so did your thai ID no. Change? Or is it that once issued with a thai ID no. It's permanent for life?

21 hours ago, YetAnother said:

I have been told by a Visa agency that the extension would be cancelled, if it is based on marriage to a Thai and of course a divorce ends that, immediately. Hence a person would be on overstay....

2 hours ago, Mr Sanook said:

Oh so did your thai ID no. Change? Or is it that once issued with a thai ID no. It's permanent for life?

The ID number is permanent.

I would guess that a lot of the requirements for getting the first yellow house book are related to getting that number. The 2nd one should be easier.

• Like 1