Netizens Rage Over Dog Killed In Truck Hit-And-Run

snoop1130

Netizens Rage Over Dog Killed In Truck Hit-And-Run

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

DOG-696x364.jpg

SARABURI — Netizens on Wednesday voiced their anger over a truck driver who killed a dog by running over it with his vehicle at a Saraburi market.

Footage of the incident shows a speeding white pickup truck running over a Siberian Husky, leaving the animal in critical condition. It died on the scene, shortly after. The video was posted online Tuesday night on Queen Together is One, a Facebook page that regularly publishes controversial issues, and sparked outrage among netizens.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2017/07/05/netizens-rage-dog-killed-truck-hit-run/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-7-5

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While i don't condone hit and runs I also don't think the owner is blameless just letting the dog sit in the road.

Friends of mine have been injured when dogs have run in front of their bikes, and also i know of people being attacked by unrestrained dogs in public places.

I feel for the dog dying like it did, but these netizens getting irate about a dog when their country is going to the dogs rapidly (pun intended) is a clear window into why the main problems are getting overlooked because of frankly trivial stuff like this  

Edited by z42

Whoever was driving the truck could clearly see the dog.they have a horn,they could of stopped. If they could not see the dog they should not be driving.

This is just typical of many Thai drivers. 

There is no condoning the drivers actions. Dogs sit in the road all over the world, everyone knows this. Yes the owner of the dog is at fault.assuming it's not a stray but that driver is 100 per cent to blame.I feel sickened that it happened and i can understand many complaining on the net. The way these people drive is being shown more and more now with cameras. How can any so called Buddhist do this to an animal.

This disgusting excuse for a human didn't even stop. He could have put the dog out of its's misery but he just clearly didn't care.

Anyone who feels it's ok to make a pun or call it trivial is no better than the driver.

3 minutes ago, datom1962 said:

Whoever was driving the truck could clearly see the dog.they have a horn,they could of stopped. If they could not see the dog they should not be driving.

This is just typical of many Thai drivers. 

There is no condoning the drivers actions. Dogs sit in the road all over the world, everyone knows this. Yes the owner of the dog is at fault.assuming it's not a stray but that driver is 100 per cent to blame.I feel sickened that it happened and i can understand many complaining on the net. The way these people drive is being shown more and more now with cameras. How can any so called Buddhist do this to an animal.

This disgusting excuse for a human didn't even stop. He could have put the dog out of its's misery but he just clearly didn't care.

Anyone who feels it's ok to make a pun or call it trivial is no better than the driver.

Look how many other dogs come over to see the one who got squashed... 

The street is overrun with wild dogs, obviously 

A Siberian Husky is not a soi dog, they are expensive to buy.Who was the unfortunate and careless owner?  The soi dog run to look and sniff. The human <deleted> just stand and gawp, the screams of the injured dog must have been loud.

Regardless, the driver of the truck may yet be identified if he's a local.

Edited by ratcatcher

3 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

A Siberian Husky is not a soi dog, they are expensive to buy.Who was the unfortunate and careless owner?

Hardly matters,a dog has no rights to block a road... Even if it thinks otherwise 

1 minute ago, speedtripler said:

Hardly matters,a dog has no rights to block a road... Even if it thinks otherwise 

Had it been a child or an old man would you say the same. I agree soi dogs are a major problem though.

10 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Every dog has his day..... Tony Montana 

(this dog had just sat on 1 road too many) 

Yep Mai Pen

Thais know any dog on the street is fair game - a bit like you see in the villages & the men carrying machetes

Or you could always refer back to a story on here about a Tortoise - Falang tried to save but the Thai got in touch with Budha & was informed not to intervene it's the Tortoises time

5 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

A Siberian Husky is not a soi dog, they are expensive to buy.Who was the unfortunate and careless owner?

Sounds like a bit of journalistic licence for a soi dog that may have some smattering  of Husky genes from the far distant past.  My neighbour has recently been  given one such animal FOC of course, people don't pay for dogs around here.

Train the dog, obviously...

Educate the owners, definately...

Some countries have laws requiring owners to go through a training and exam process before getting the permission to get a dog...your choice to consider it arbitrary or justified...

But sorry, there are more urgent issues to handle obviously....

Sad for the dog...

Reading some of the above posts has just reiterated why I much prefer the company of dogs over humans.
For me personally, this is one of the most shocking and sickening videos I have ever seen. Let's hope when the catch this piece of trash that the new tougher Thai animal cruelty laws will take affect.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

44 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Hear the one about the macho guy who kicked a sleeping dog? The owner punched him, then he turned in to a toy poodle - and ran yelping to the police.:smile:

Typical macho muscled bully attitude....they enjoy picking, punching ranting at others usually smaller or weaker...

But once you make the bully loose face, hit back verbally or physically, they are generally always a bunch of scaredy cowards with no character and whime at the slightest contrariety

This seems to me to be a typical Thai dog, a typical Thai owner (nowhere to be seen) and a typical Thai driver.

Sadly, what's all the fuss about?

Edited by robsamui

49 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Reading some of the above posts has just reiterated why I much prefer the company of dogs over humans.
For me personally, this is one of the most shocking and sickening videos I have ever seen. Let's hope when the catch this piece of trash that the new tougher Thai animal cruelty laws will take affect.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I hope you don"t prefer the company of dogs in the middle of the road.

What would you say if there was a child sitting in the middle of the road? What is the difference between a dog and child?

One is a human the other is an animal..neither should be left sitting in the middle of the road.

Yes, soi dogs are a problem everywhere in Thailand, but I can't believe I've just read some of the comments, above!  If the driver had slowed down and hooted, no doubt the dog would have moved, but he didn't even slow down, neither did he stop.  If any of you think that running-over the dog was justified, you are no better than the scum driving the pickup!

7 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

Yes, soi dogs are a problem everywhere in Thailand, but I can't believe I've just read some of the comments, above!  If the driver had slowed down and hooted, no doubt the dog would have moved, but he didn't even slow down, neither did he stop.  If any of you think that running-over the dog was justified, you are no better than the scum driving the pickup!

Even the soi dogs  have a sense of entitlement in Thailand, this one is lucky the pickup got him with both wheels and he died quickly, I doubt any "Thai owner" would be bringing him to the vets for an expensive Surgery if he was only partially injured if truck just ran over one leg etc.... 

Terrible. But a Siberian Husky should be running through the snows of the Canadian or Siberian plains and forests. I am appalled when I see this breed here suffering in the Thai tropical heat, it's an act of cruelty in itself. Despite it's painful and cruel death, it's in a better place now.

Sad for the dog! stupid driver but typical thai owner if its not on your premises its on a lead!

oh silly me where am i? 

Ps i have 2 large hounds  that are always kept on our property here in the country as although big and loving both mutts are not particularly motorcycle or overly Thai friendly 

We have it on good authority local Thais  would not like to come to our house, because of the big noisy black dogs , and that that's just the way i want it

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

A Siberian Husky is not a soi dog, they are expensive to buy.Who was the unfortunate and careless owner?  The soi dog run to look and sniff. The human <deleted> just stand and gawp, the screams of the injured dog must have been loud.

There are plenty husky soidogs these days, see them all the time...also many live at the temple because it's previous owner lubs them so mudd.