Pattaya General Tips

iamkanga

17 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Here is the second of the whingers (but honest, I am not always a whinger, I just say it as I see it) these food courts turn me off, I just

refuse to queue twice for the one thing. Just go up, get what you want, and pay your money. What could be simpler?

It can be a bit tedious to queue to get a payment card (or, previously, paper coupons) then possibly to queue again to get the balance refunded at the end of the meal.

But the reason it is done this way is two-fold:

1. It stops stall staff from handling cash, which makes it harder for them to steal anything.

2. It makes it easy for the venue owner to deduct their rental fee/percentage from each stall's real income, rather than from some imaginary income.

8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I never drink milk. I do put it in tea and in cooking. Also on cornflakes and muesli. I always buy the non-skimmed full-fat sort as I hate skimmed milk.

The only milk I like in tea here is Meiji. In cooking or on cereals I doubt I could really tell the difference (assuming all were full-fat). I could certainly tell the difference between skimmed and non-skimmed milk though.

I usually go for the pale blue top, and although I do drink it, I use for my porridge oats and cereal, mashed potato, I go through about one big carton a week.

26 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

It can be a bit tedious to queue to get a payment card (or, previously, paper coupons) then possibly to queue again to get the balance refunded at the end of the meal.

But the reason it is done this way is two-fold:

1. It stops stall staff from handling cash, which makes it harder for them to steal anything.

2. It makes it easy for the venue owner to deduct their rental fee/percentage from each stall's real income, rather than from some imaginary income.

There are reasons for it I suppose, but if I don't queue twice or sometimes three times in a normal restaurant, I am not going to queue two or three times in a food court. I just want to go into a normal restaurant, get my meal, pay and then leave without spending maybe an hour standing in different queues. I can walk for miles no problem, but I hate st

As my main consumption of milk is mixing with oats for porridge I have for a long time used soy milk (preferably low sugar) because it's far cheaper than cows', and it's fine. I still keep a small bottle of skimmed milk for tea.

Thanks for all the advice. Wasnt really after a great debate on Milk but hey this is TV!

Anyway I revisited Menji and I accept I was wrong in my opinion in it being powdered milk.

But I just dont enjoy it. Many do no problem but like I said in the beginning I am a milk snob and will happily source my Chock Chai!!!!

Now if anyone else has any tips?????? Non milk related that is! :saai:

I love Milk but when you get full fat milk in Thailand its not ŕealy full fat milk.

I remember as a kid in the UK when you got the milk bottel off the step it had about 2ins of thick cream on top that you had to shake the Bottle to mix it in.

No need to here creams already gone so not full fat milk.

But i still have to shake it up.

Meiji is the best tasting

The others ha a bad after taste.

On 7/6/2017 at 10:26 PM, balo said:

Meiji milk is real pasteurized milk , the closest to what I'm used to in Europe. Are you sure they don't use powder in Chok Chai ? Most of the coffee bars, including Starbucks only use Meiji.

Chock chai is a very famous dairy farm open to the public here twist korat and suraburi.

On 7/11/2017 at 2:20 AM, edd said:

I love Milk but when you get full fat milk in Thailand its not ŕealy full fat milk.

I remember as a kid in the UK when you got the milk bottel off the step it had about 2ins of thick cream on top that you had to shake the Bottle to mix it in.

No need to here creams already gone so not full fat milk.

But i still have to shake it up.

Meiji is the best tasting

The others ha a bad after taste.

ha!  I love old folks (like me).  In my little town in the USA I grew up in we had a milkman, and a milkbox.  I remember in the summer he would give us kids a chunk of ice to chew on and that was just cool.  We had a working dairy farm right in back of the little elementary school I attended.