Bus Fuss: Viral video of old, leaking bus in rain spurs Thais to demand repairs

snoop1130

Bus Fuss: Viral video of old, leaking bus in rain spurs Thais to demand repairs

By Coconuts Bangkok

856.JPG

Screenshots: YouLike/ Facebook

Thai netizens are demanding that the Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) fix the city’s worn-down buses after a video of a sad, worse-for-wear bus with a leaking roof went viral.

Yesterday, netizens shared a Facebook video of a Bangkok bus driving through heavy rain as water drips through a leaking roof onto passengers, reported Mthai.

Netizens shared the video, hoping it would catch the BMTA’s attention. Many users commented their agreement that Bangkok buses are too old and much-needed repairs and replacements are due.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/bus-fuss-viral-video-of-old-leaking-bus-in-rain-spurs-thais-to-demand-repairs/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-7-7

If you have ever just stood on those overhead pedestrian xing to the sky trains and watched the traffic in Bangkok pass under then you can see why the roofs of the buses leak  rust, damage and the patch work repairs are quite amazing !

Oooh, oooh, I know where they can find a bunch of brand new buses.

If only the different departments would play nice.  

Why one government department doesn't get a waiver on import duties to save the taxpayers (their own) money is beyond me.

Why one government department doesn't get a waiver on import duties to save the taxpayers (their own) money is beyond me.

OMG Is it still the case that these buses are not in use?

14 hours ago, impulse said:

Like the fire fighting equipment?

14 hours ago, Dobredin Ghusputin said:

Thailand 444.0 will take care of this minor problem soon.

Thailand-News-15-01-17-PBS-4-BMTA-undecided-whether-to-take-delivery-of-first-lot-of-NGV-buses-or-not.-1JPG.png.b9c5b0dfeb69ed7b4329017f0bb12266.png

It may be a coincidence but I lately see a lot of identical brand new buses in Pattaya, which are use by a single company who took over from the company who had +2100 buses confiscated.

And they also seem to be above the law, as from their driving speeds on the highway, it is obvious that they don't have the now mandatory speed limiter installed.