Seven people, including girl, 3, injured in stray dog attack

rooster59

Seven people, including girl, 3, injured in stray dog attack

By The Nation

Seven people, including a three-year-old Cambodian girl, were bitten by a stray dog at a temple in Chachoengsao on Saturday morning.

Police said five of the victims were rushed to the Bang Pakong hospital and two others to the Chularat Hospital.

The attack was apparently triggered when Thanom Simma, 65, a resident living near the temple tried to hit the dog with a stick after he saw it attacking his hens.

Witnesses said the dog jumped on him and bit him on the head and face, then ran into the temple to attack people who had come to make merit on Asanha Bucha day.

The dog was later seen running across the road into forest.

The Cambodian girl was also bitten on the head and face.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30320229

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-09

In remote Aboriginal communities in outback Australia local govt councils organise a squad of local shooters to comb their community environs over a specific weekend once every 6-12 mmonths. The Feral Dog Squad commits to killing any dog seen on the loose that weekend. All residents receive several broadcasted advisories up to the designated weekend. If owners want to keep a particular dog they must keep it off the streets for the weekend. The tradition reminds me of Monty Python's "Bring out your dead"" skit, it has kept feral numbers at controllable levels for many years in communities where the people treasure their dogs.

16 hours ago, loong said:

Reports of dog attacks seem to be getting more frequent lately.

Will something ever get done to control these menaces?

Reports of EVERYTHING seem more frequent nowadays. We live in the age of Instant and Immediate News...24/7/365. Anything and everything is recorded, videoed, posted, Tweeted, reported and read everywhere...all the time. Can't escape it...dog bites, road rage, bad weather, irate airline passengers, salmonella and E. coli...and one and one and on. 

My soi is stray dog free.

Used to have 2 strays born in the soi and attacking people who did not belong there.

Complaint to the relevance Dept. (not Amphur) who send the dog cathers and took the dogs away.

May be the only soi in Thailand. :unsure:

15 hours ago, perthperson said:

Do you have an intelligent idea which would eliminate the risk these feral animals pose to children, pedestrians and bike riders ? 

I'm not being facetious when I say that I truly prefer the company of soi dogs to most people...it would be very simple matter to gather the dogs euthanize them. also, it would help to prosecute with real effort all the thais who mistreat and abuse animals. 

1 minute ago, hdkane said:

I'm not being facetious when I say that I truly prefer the company of soi dogs to most people...it would be very simple matter to gather the dogs euthanize them. also, it would help to prosecute with real effort all the thais who mistreat and abuse animals. 

My, then 3 yr old son, got bitten by a dog in Nakhon Sawan while playing outside.

He's never been bitten or attacked by a human while playing outside the house in the soi.

You love these mongrels so much go live between, see if they let you.:bah:

Just now, PomPolo said:

I feel very bad for the little girl but maybe time to look at the cause.

The cause is hundreds(thousands?) of Feral (wild) dogs which often run in packs. These animals are dangerous which is why people attempt, by any means which is effective, to move them on.

A cure for the cause is called euthanasia.

3 hours ago, hdkane said:

I think you mean sterilise as euthanise means kill