14.1 million registered as low-income earners

snoop1130

14.1 million registered as low-income earners

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi37TtYl7OGo5TOAAKUikjwSOZrAU620mJIvjWfd.jpg

About 14.1  million people across the country have registered as low-income earners to be eligible for state welfare.

The latest figure of low income earners  was  8.3 million higher  than last year’s registration.But of the total 14.1 million  people registered, 700,000 people were considered unqualified.

The government opened second round registration from April 3 to May 15. A total of 14.1 million people have registered, breaking down to 7.7 million people registering  with the Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives Bank, 3.7 million people with the Government Savings Bank and 2.3 million people with Krungthai Bank.

Meanwhile another 180,000 people registered with the provincial treasury’s offices,  and 160,000 people registered with Bangkok Metropolitan Administration’s  district offices.

In total, this year’s registration number was 8.3 million higher than last year’s registration. But after initial verification of those registered, about  700,000 were unqualified, and some 100,000 duplicated their registrations.

However the exact  figures were not yet finalized and the verification process was  underway, the Department of Provincial Administration said.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/14-1-million-registered-low-income-earners/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-7-11

about one quarter of the population (about one third if you only take those over 18) earns less than 3000US$/year and has less than 3000US$ in assets. have to wonder if the number of poor has really doubled or it is due to more people registering. doubt the general will be talking too much about this.

Edited by williamgeorgeallen

14.1 million people registered for low income Of that 14 million 10 million would be to lazy to work. Take a look around I see hundreds of Thai men just walking around sitting on footpaths doing absolutely nothing. On building sites There are workers from Laos,  Cambodia, Burma doing the jobs that Thais can be doing. But they just dont want to work.

In Australia if you register for unemployment you are expected to look for a job or kiss government help goodbye Here it seems just receive and continue doing nothing Oh by the way we still have sign outside shop looking for wait staff Not one application yet Oh they must all have a job thats right i can see that now lol

But unemployment is less than 1%....

So they have to import cheap labor.  While a quarter to a third of the people apparently don't make a living wage.

What a deal for the rich and powerful.

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

But unemployment is less than 1%....

So they have to import cheap labor.  While a quarter to a third of the people apparently don't make a living wage.

What a deal for the rich and powerful.

I know those poor workers dont get much but it has got to be better than these Thais getting nothing and cant make ends meet

This is a yearly problem that won't go away in our lifetime, just be happy that you are not one of those

people.  My Thai family are mostly doing well and they feel very fortunate.  They do not get to come

to my country hardly at all,  but are doing okay and are all employed.  I seen many friends of the family

who are not as fortunate, but still have some hope in their hearts.  They mostly live in the country and

manage to survive life there, but really have no money for things like a trip away from Thailand.

Geezer

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

This is a yearly problem that won't go away in our lifetime, just be happy that you are not one of those

people.  My Thai family are mostly doing well and they feel very fortunate.  They do not get to come

to my country hardly at all,  but are doing okay and are all employed.  I seen many friends of the family

who are not as fortunate, but still have some hope in their hearts.  They mostly live in the country and

manage to survive life there, but really have no money for things like a trip away from Thailand.

Geezer

Yeah sadly enough Star some Thais try so hard and cant make ends meet I really feel for these people But the ones who expect handouts NO way If they are able bodied and between 18-60 there is nothing wrong with them trying to get a job Like said i have the sign hanging out for waiters/ waitresses Put in for job Thai people You might be surprised lol