Southeast Asia Backpacker Starter Kit

Chou Anou

Saw this on Twitter today; amusing.  Maybe it's been around for a while, but this is the first time I've come across it.  So what's missing?  I would add, one of those conical Vietnamese farmer hats.  Saw some <deleted> farang <deleted>-bags wearing those on the Skytrain once.  Just so wrong.

Screenshot 2017-07-11 18.38.24.png

l've always found the backpacker thing amusing l can sorter understand it,  it's just a hand luggage bag was always enough for me to the places l traveled.

My Mrs understands now l've explained their on a travel budget she always thought they had no money.  :biggrin:

I would add that they should have started 30 or 40 years ago when it looked as though Backpackers enjoyed themselves (I have never been a Backpacker, but seen many of them). I was in Penang about 4 weeks ago, Penang has always been a Backpacker stopping point and there were a few of these backpacker types there. Mainly seen them using some ones free Wifi and looking at their telephone, they could have been just as happy at their mum's house.

Archived