Businessman shoots himself in Bangkok condo

snoop1130

Businessman shoots himself in Bangkok condo

By The Nation

6f98e1fea0996169944618a9bd539455-atwb.jpeg

An auto dealer and car-racing businessman reportedly turned a gun on himself in his Bangkok condominium room on Thursday morning, police said.

Police said Parithat Poolphol, 45, managing director of Grand Eastern Co Ltd and Racing Spirit Co Ltd, shot himself with a 9mm pistol.

Police said he left a suicide note, saying he was under pressure because of his work.

He lived with his 20-year-old daughter. The daughter, who was in another room, heard the gunfire at 9.45am.

Racing Spirit has organised several racing events and is building a motor racing facility in Chon Buri with the budget of Bt4 billion.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30320665

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-7-13

11 hours ago, thenoilif said:

I suspect foul play. His race car driver was probably a farang and they had a disagreement over the sponsorship. And everyone knows that Thais don't commit suicide using a gun.

Dear Sir/Ms,  I'm sure that we don't know each other. I hope you are leading/have led a productive life and have contributed to society. Perhaps you have done so by passionately following a career, sport or hobby. I like to think that I have done so through my lifelong passion for motor sport, both as a competitor and later in life as an official. For the last five years it has been my great privilege to be part of a team that has transformed Thailand from a racing backwater to having the second best national racing series in Asia (behind Japan's Super GT series). Hard work by many talented Thai and several foreigners contributed to the success of Thailand Super Series because we believed in the principles and shared the vision of our leader, Paritat 'New' Bulbon. 

It is obvious from the newspaper story that there was no foul play, Khun New does not support any farang race driver unless you count the hundred or so international competitors in races he has organised and there was no disagreement over any sponsorship. I will refrain from commenting about your last sentence, except to say that no-one's daughter (or son) should have to discover that their father has just killed himself in the next room. 

13 hours ago, thenoilif said:

I suspect foul play. His race car driver was probably a farang and they had a disagreement over the sponsorship. And everyone knows that Thais don't commit suicide using a gun.

Pray tell how do Thais commit suicide? Do they inform you beforehand?

Archived