Visiting In July?

Hi!

How is Samui in July?

-is the weather usually good/decent? (hoping to spend some time just relaxing on the beach+swimming, or is the ocean very rough in July/red flags?)

-is July very busy/crowded season? Or more relaxed+quiet? :D

What area/beach you reccomend?

-We are looking for some nice restaurants

-Nice beautiful beach for walks + sunbathing

-Some GOOD/classy tailor shops?

And is Samui very expencive island?

I mean eating in restaurants+getting tailor made clothes...? :o

Comperd to Hua Hin or something?

The weather in July is ok but will rain a little. Usually not many people about so will be pretty quiet. The sea should be ok for swimming.

If you want nice beaches and lots of restaraunts Chaweng or Lamai. Personally I do not like Chaweng as I find it too big and hectic. Lamai is a lot smaller. Only my opinion though.

Samui is relatively expensive for Thailand. But a lot cheaper than where you are from.

Personally I feel Lamai has a few too many ladybars for a couple to feel confortable, agree with the comments on taxis tho

Plenty of families come here and it does not seem to worry them. Most of the lady bars are grouped in one area.

Everyone agrees about the taxis exept the authorities who do nothing.

Personally I feel Lamai has a few too many ladybars for a couple to feel confortable, agree with the comments on taxis tho

Hi Goldfish!

What place you reccomend if not Lamai beach?

:D

We are looking more relaxed/quiet vacation... :o

Bophut any day.[/b

Nice hotels ,close to everything,nice beach & restaurants. A short hop to Chaweng if you fancy going there & 30 minutes from Lamai.

Edited by Rooo

Hi Goldfish!

What place you reccomend if not Lamai beach?

:D

We are looking more relaxed/quiet vacation... :o

Oh dear, now you've put me on the spot. Can't I just complain instead?

Agree, Bophut is probably your best bet, fishermans village is very nice. Maenam I am quite fond of, but don't spend much time there to be able to recommend it. The heart of Cheweng can be very hectic, but it does become quieter just a kilometer away from the centre

Ok... So Chaweng is also "ok" place to stay if I avoid staying in center of Chaweng?

How about Bophut + Lamai?

Do they offer any good tailors?

Or do I need to go to Chaweng for tailors?

There are tailor shops everywhere on the island. Where there's demand there's supply. Best just to concerate on finding somewhere to stay that suits you

All the tailors are similar.They send the work out to various contractors.

The only thing the guy does in the shop is take your measurments & when the time comes for a fitting then the contractor comes in & does all the adjustments.

All the tailors are similar.They send the work out to various contractors.

The only thing the guy does in the shop is take your measurments & when the time comes for a fitting then the contractor comes in & does all the adjustments.

Aah... I didn't know that.