July 18, 20179 yr Hello Thai Visa, I have a question please. i have a 30 day visa that expires on the 23rd July. Due to circumstances outside of my control I am forced to stay an few days. I would usually go to immigration and apply for a 7 day extension but because my passport is full (I had to play a game of find the space in my passport coming in) I do not think I can do this. My questions are: 1. Will they give me an extension if my passport is full? 2. If I do not get the extension and overstay by 3-4 days will it be a simple case of pay the 500 per day fine and off I go? Thank you all in advance.. Steve
July 18, 20179 yr You will need to get a new passport or ETD from your Embassy if there is literally no space remaining in the one you have. If you incur overstay and make it to the airport it is just a matter of paying the fine but your travel document must have space for the overstay stamps and the exit stamp.
July 18, 20179 yr If you have not done it yet your 30 day visa exempt entry can be extended for 30 days. 1. If there is space for the extension stamp they will do it. You will need about a third of a page or a little less for the stamp. 2. A 3 or 4 day overstay is not that big a deal unless you are caught with it before you get the airport. Just pay the fine on departure from the country.
July 18, 20179 yr Author Thanks Perth, I do have a little space for exit stamp. Appreciate the response. :-)
July 19, 20179 yr @ wgdanson ....never do today what you can put off till tomorrow. It will give you something to complain about on TVF later on.
Create an account or sign in to comment