Macaw Wanted

princealbert

Hyacinth McCaws are extreemly rare, illeagle to import must be hatched locally. My guess is if you can find one it will cost around B300,000 I saw 2 scarlets last week, 1 was B150,000 and sold immediately the other at B180,000 is still available. Blue and golds are the bargain right now at B35,000 to B50,000 for adults.

Try the market area next to the Tesco Lotus just off the Super Highway. The market has a lot of garden and yard supplies. There are a couple of pet shops near the back. I saw several Blue and Gold Macaws, Conures, White Cockatoos, African Greys, etc. there two weeks ago. Maybe they can refer you to someone for what you're looking for. Be advised, the folks there don't speak much English.

Saw a young Mynah advertised in the January edition of Chiang Mai CITY LIFE. Look in the free ads section. I remember the ad said "FREE to a good home." Sorry, I do not have the magazine here at home to reference the number given and I could not find the bird listed on their website.

Edited by Rice_King

Hyacinth McCaws are extreemly rare, illeagle to import must be hatched locally. My guess is if you can find one it will cost around B300,000 I saw 2 scarlets last week, 1 was B150,000 and sold immediately the other at B180,000 is still available. Blue and golds are the bargain right now at B35,000 to B50,000 for adults.

Found a breeder in Udonthani that has what i am looking for.

I have kept macaws for 20 years or so and never paid or sold at these amounts.

Could it be there is a financially viable business here

Especially if i can get 300,000 for them.

Maybe i will buy all he has and make a million or two lol