No surprise: Bangkok’s taxis 8th cheapest in the world

snoop1130

No surprise: Bangkok’s taxis 8th cheapest in the world

By Coconuts Bangkok

9+65.JPG

It doesn’t come as any surprise that Bangkok has placed in the top ten cheapest cities in the world to take a taxi, according to the 2017 Taxi Price Index, conducted by Carspring, a British online used car dealership.

Out of the 80 most visited in the world, Bangkok ranks 8th place on the taxi price index. Based on a three-kilometer journey, the cab fare in Bangkok is only THB55, or just over USD1.64.

Cairo came up on top, with the cheapest cab ride of just THB18.5, followed by Mumbai (THB47), and Jakarta (THB49).

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/no-surprise-bangkoks-taxis-8th-cheapest-world/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-7-19

As long as they use the meter, BKK taxis are really good, most of the times.

Phuket's however are a disgrace, probably the most expensive in the world, if you look at value for money.

2 hours ago, Deli said:

As long as they use the meter, BKK taxis are really good, most of the times.

Phuket's however are a disgrace, probably the most expensive in the world, if you look at value for money.

Everything is outrageous on that Rip off Island Paradise!

There is a big difference between what it SHOULD cost in Bangkok and what you actually pay - if they will actually stop for you. My last (and i intend it to be my last) taxi journey in Bangkok was more akin to standard European prices.