Aliexpress

BHW

Most "free delivery" items I've ordered from AliExpress have arrived via China Post/Thai Post and usually are delivered in Bangkok within 10-20 days of shipping date. Nothing I've ever ordered exceeded 5kg.  I would expect up-country delivery to be an additional 2 or 3 days. I once had an item direct shipped to Khon Kaen and it arrived in about 20 days.

Edited by dddave

In around 50 orders from AliExpress, up to $700 and 30 Kg, I've always just used the default shipping method listed by the seller.

I have not been cheated or majorly disappointed yet.  Some cheap items were of low quality (as I expected from the price), but nothing was misrepresented and no issues with shipping.  Even (very occasional) items that got held up in customs were cleared and delivered with no action on my part other than having about 10% of the purchase price available when the delivery guy showed up.

IMO, the biggest value that Lazada and AliExpress (both majority owned by Alibaba's parent company) bring to Thai e-commerce is their relationships in the shipping logistics.  They seem to have carved out great deals all along the chain- and significantly greased the skids with customs.  (Edit:  And their de-facto escrow service where the vendor doesn't get paid until after the goodies are delivered and there's been a time to file a complaint.  That probably weeds out most of the cheats that plagued EBay when they first tried to do business in Asia)

Edited by impulse

Per several above, I have ordered quite a bit from aliexpress and always use the "free shipping" option. I live very much upcountry in Phuket (downcountry?) and find the China Post has always in the past year been air shipment, but I avoid some of the less familiar shippers. Used to be about 20-30 days from ordering to delivery by Thai post to my door, but even faster in the past months. Never a hassle with customs but DO NOT send DHL or similar, which is a known magnet for customs attention. EMS is OK.