Hotel recommendation in Buriram

mrblonde

Me and my english GF will be flying into Buriram in November to go to the Surin elephant festival over the weekend of 18th/19th, any recommendations of hotels in Buriram please?  And I'm assuming all of them will be fairly close to the airport?

Also open to suggestions of best way to travel from Buriram to Surin both days for the festival

No, not at all; the airport is approximately 40k from the city.

We have enjoyed 3 holidays in Buriram over the past 18 months and extended our stay twice.

The hotel rates have increased 30% in that time so it's best to book through any of the 3 main agencies. Last month we found a nice Thai resort a few kliks from the city but we have our own transport so it was no problem. Massive double rooms for 650 thb/night with a sufficient breakfast and really nice owner and great staff. No pool there but most of the hotels allow non-guests to use their facilities, but charge of course.

October there are many events at the International Circuit so availability/prices will be difficult and pricey respectively. I guess things will be back to normal by November and more deals available.

The Best Western Royal has the best breakfast I have seen in 20 years and maybe 150 different Thailand hotels. Probably now 1,300 thb/night through Hotels.com. Small Boutique Hotel but very clean and convenient location. GT Residence is also good if you book a suite. More expensive hotels nearer the Thunder Stadium and some don't live up to their advertising claims.

Amari Buriram United,  Best Western would be my choice.

Agree about the BW breakfast, although the Amari was better in their early days.

You haven't mentioned a budget but you get deluxe rooms at both for under. 1,500 Baht a night.

Renting a car may be one option for your transport plans. Buriram Car Rentals are worth contacting.

I've stayed at the Amari a couple of times in the past year, and I like the place very much. It is very comfortable, the service is excellent, and the breakfast buffet is something to look forward to.

Tulip as well as Ray Hotel are both decent and cheap with a swimming pool.  Buriram is ~30k from the airport in the opposite direction from Surin tho FYI, although Buriram is a little more developed than Surin.  

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone, we've gone for the Cresco in the end after reading the reviews on it, we cant wait. 

As a side note, best place to rent a scooter from in Buriram for 5 days please? (We'll be riding to Surin the first full day we are there), Im a rider in the UK and have survived 6 trips to Pattaya riding too, so have some experience of Thais on the road :)

Beautiful pool at the Cresco. I suggest you try Paddy's Bar where there a group of motorcyclists who will advise you or ask on the local ex-pat Forum. Go on Sunday and have the fantastic roast dinner for 260thb.

Anyone following this thread should read Poor Sucker's entry.

We have just returned from Buriram 4 days ago and extended our stay once again.

Most of the hotels are now at half price due to the flooding, too many rooms and nothing much happening. We even struck a deal with the GT Residence management for 5 days from 14/October when the International circuit will once again be silent.

Their corner VIP rooms for approximately half price. We might even stay for another 5 nights.

Most of the agencies currently have promos, but this is the best deal ever I had negotiating direct with the hotel staff.

As a footnote, we tried the Ray Hotel. Entrance, general cleanliness, staff, breakfast were all fine. The pool was fabulous. BUT, in my opinion, my basic room was way below the standards by the other new local hotels  and the Internet connection was just awful. I didn't want to stay a second night.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys

Just doing a bit of planning and noticed the Cresco is not just a walk into town, and we do like our nights out, so would you advise changing to a more centrally located hotel, one where we can walk straight into the town/restaurants/bars etc during the day and at night?

Open any of the agency sites to see ALL Buriram hotel locations. Cresco is out by the football stadium.

Myself and others have recommended the Best Western which is on the main 218. We don't use taxis or public transport, but I would assume it should be easy enough from any hotel.

I also rated the Ray Hotel on which I said great pool similar to the Cresco, good enough breakfast, nice staff, but, the rooms are dismal compared with others at the same price.

The GT residence is another I already wrote about and that is another 3 km south of the city. Loads to choose from and try contacting the reception desks direct for best deals.

On 7/27/2017 at 1:59 PM, PoorSucker said:

I stayed at GT Residence in November.

Newly built, nice rooms ,nice price.

600 baht on Agoda right now.

i've tried out about 5 different hotels in Buriram the last couple of months and found this one to be by far the best (in this price range)