Australian Man Killed After Falling From 18th Floor Of Bangkok Apartment

george

Australian man killed after falling from 18th floor of Bangkok apartment

BANGKOK: -- A 70-year-old Australian man fell from the 18th floor of an apartment building in Bangkok in what police believe to be a suicide.

Police said Donald Henshall, 70, left a suicide note written with his blood and jumped from the balcony of his room on the 18th floor of the Nasa Vegas Tower in Suanluang district at 5:30 pm.

The note says "I love you, Pim".

Police found that the man had checked into the room about a week ago and stayed with a Thai woman, called Pim.

The woman later deserted him.

Police said Henshall apparently cut his own wrist and used his blood to write the note before plunging down from the room.

-- The Nation 2007-01-02

BANGKOK: -- A 70-year-old Australian man fell from the 18th floor of an apartment building in Bangkok in what police believe to be a suicide.

Police said Donald Henshall, 70, left a suicide note written with his blood and jumped from the balcony of his room on the 18th floor of the Nasa Vegas Tower in Suanluang district at 5:30 pm.

Police found that the man had checked into the room about a week ago and stayed with a Thai woman, called Pim.

Police said Henshall apparently cut his own wrist and used his blood to write the note before plunging down from the room.

-- The Nation 2007-01-02

Very Sad and RIP.

However, I do not understand why a man should commit suicide for a lady at this age? If it really were a suicide than poor old man was really in love, in the extreme depth.

I will never commit suicide for any lady. Would you? :o

the trouble is, the poor fella most probly had nothing else in his life except this lady.

when she left him it was simply too much too handle emotionally.

i would of thought that at that age he would of gained more maturity regards relationships but i will never know that untill i reach 70 years of age.

sad bloody end is'nt it. :o

Gonna be cynical here - sorry

Remembering back through several years of ThaiVisa threadsm it seems January is "suicide season" via balconies of tall buildings - around 20 or so last year, and two so far this year.

Is it linked to tourism high season and gullible first timers?

-- The Nation 2007-01-02

Wow, what a tragic story. There is no pain that matches the feeling of hopelessness. RIP.

There could be more, or not. Suicide is quite common among the elderly. Some of these people are already facing the end and a sense of loss and hopelessness. It's always sad, but maybe best not to blame Pim--unless Pim has the pin and the card.

RIP

Yeah, that's what they always say. I don't believe in any of that. Jumping off balconies by elderly people is nearly unheard of in other parts of the world. Writing farewell letters in his own blood by a 70year old person - my ass.

To me it all looks like a crime cover up.

Yeah, that's what they always say. I don't believe in any of that. Jumping off balconies by elderly people is nearly unheard of in other parts of the world. Writing farewell letters in his own blood by a 70year old person - my ass.

Blood test will clear much of that up.

Did he make his last will...in her presence...with her blessing as she cried humbly....did she cut his wrist and write the lovely tribute and then push him off the edge ??

Yeah, i wonder if he had much dough to his name.. Who was the will made too?..

70 Years old and been round the mill only to act like a teenager in love.. Umh.. :D

Bring on the CSI :o

If he cut his wrist, why did he have to jump....Just had to wait for the peaceful end to come, no need to go and splat on the pavement....I agree, there is something smelly there

you got a very good point there mate, and i did not think of that at all.

but los being los we will never know will we. :o

you got a very good point there mate, and i did not think of that at all.

but los being los we will never know will we. :o

Just have to check his will, if any..........

ok sleuths....

Perhaps he intended to slash his wrists but couldnt do it properly...cut one just enough to bleed....Thought to himself "self, Jump out the window, the jump doesnt hurt and once on the way it cant be stopped.....oh hang I will write a note first, now wheres that pen ?" Couldnt find a pen so did it with the blood from his already cut wrist.....then out he went....probably yelled "Look Out" on the way down so he wouldnt hit anyone else....

Case solved.....Suicide

the trouble is, the poor fella most probly had nothing else in his life except this lady.

when she left him it was simply too much too handle emotionally.

i would of thought that at that age he would of gained more maturity regards relationships but i will never know that until i reach 70 years of age.

sad bloody end is'nt it. :D

IF mate.....IF

:o

In the LOS LOve is not alway what it seem .

sometime is just a mere exchange of food ticket ,

What do you think ..

Young girl die to fall in love with Old fart .

I don't think so ..

Only Professional woman .. running the game ..

IF you think you are some lover who woman are seriously attracted too at 40-50-60 -70 -80 -90

Notthing to be shame off .

IN the game of love someone alway gain or lose out .

to kill oneself at that age . i felt sorry ,

but to die for what you believe , is something to cheer for .

Be it silly anot

In the LOS LOve is not alway what it seem .

sometime is just a mere exchange of food ticket ,

What do you think ..

Young girl die to fall in love with Old fart .

I don't think so ..

Only Professional woman .. running the game ..

IF you think you are some lover who woman are seriously attracted too at 40-50-60 -70 -80 -90

Notthing to be shame off .

IN the game of love someone alway gain or lose out .

to kill oneself at that age . i felt sorry ,

but to die for what you believe , is something to cheer for .

Be it silly anot

Who spoke about a young girl ? He was 70, OK, but that does not make an old fart of him....

best not to blame Pim--unless Pim has the pin and the card.

RIP

I shouldn't laugh...but... :o

RIP

If i was living in the crap hole like Nasa Vegas I was commiting suiside as well..:-) On the serious note, probably messed up with hooker, she o sucks off his money and left when nothing left. No reason to kill the old guy if she is not marry to hima nd cant get his money after the death.

A Thai woman told me about this yesterday, She said that Pim is her roommates sister. Her English was a bit poor but that’s what I got out of it. I don’t know much more than that other than Pim was very distraught about what happened. Pim’s sister is about 26 so I would imagine Pim is about the same age.

I was told today that they were married. Don Henshall, 69, and Pim, 21.

He was from Benarkin in Darling Downs region in Queensland, Australia.

Allegedly living in Thailand for some time, but apparently has family in UK.

His body was cremated, presumably at a nearby wat.

He had flat on 14th flr of Nasa Vegas; don't think it was 18th.

Police at Klong Tan investigated, allegedly no susp circumstances. They have spoken to Pim, I believe.

Don would have been 70 this year.

RIP