Truemove 4G too slow

craftyhen

Just recently switched to Truemove in the hope of getting faster 4g

The shop have given me some package which they said was the fastest and also gave unlimited data all for just 300 baht a month...

Pretty certain they've set me up on some shit deal, especially being unlimited data, i've also used the Speedtest app which is showing 1mb a second, compared to my friends 20mb a second

Can this be changed to a decent package without getting a new sim card and number?

You bought a 1Mbps unlimited deal perhaps, for 321 baht per month.

Did you really expect full speed unlimited for 321 baht per month? Really?

Full speed unlimited cost 1605 baht per month.

Perhaps you should start from what you actually need and want. Otherwise they will sell you what they think that you need.

I used True through an air card for several years. It got slower and slower then finally no Internet at all. True told me it was my equipment problem and that I needed a 4G air card. I bought a 4G air card and still no Internet. True still insisted that it was my problem and not their fault. I told my wife to cancel the post paid package. The local True office said they could not cancel the account. She had to drive 50 kilometers to a larger office. After paying an extra month to cancel, we were shed of True. I immediately threw our three SIM card in the trash. I bought two AIS prepaid SIM cards. Both cards worked fine in my old air card and in the new 4G air card.

AIS also has its problems but at least it always worked. The 4G was up and down but mostly up. I can't say I was thrilled with their service but at least I had service. We finally started an AIS post paid account. 

Finally TOT ran a fiber cable through our small village. I now have TOT fiber and it is great.

20 hours ago, JamJar said:

You should have purchased a one or 7 day 4G package, in order to run a speed test, before committing to a monthly package. All prices excluding VAT of 7%

200 MB

Dial*900*1922#tel_icon.png

400 MB

Dial*900*1923#tel_icon.png

1.5 GB

Dial*900*1924#tel_icon.png

800 MB

Dial*900*1925#tel_icon.png

2 GB

Dial*900*1926#tel_icon.png

cheers, only need about 1gb a month as have wifi at home and work

i actually saved a screenshot of the package I wanted with the limit but they were having none of it

i assume it's a simple case of topping up again then dialing the number for the new package I want...?

5 hours ago, craftyhen said:

cheers, only need about 1gb a month as have wifi at home and work

i actually saved a screenshot of the package I wanted with the limit but they were having none of it

i assume it's a simple case of topping up again then dialing the number for the new package I want...?

Yes, though you might need them to cancel the existing package. But seeing as you don't seem to know what package you have now, you should ascertain that before doing anything else.

I don't understand why, if you knew that package that you wanted, you did not apply it for yourself in the first place.

10 hours ago, JamJar said:

Yes, though you might need them to cancel the existing package. But seeing as you don't seem to know what package you have now, you should ascertain that before doing anything else.

I don't understand why, if you knew that package that you wanted, you did not apply it for yourself in the first place.

didn't know how to, don't speak thai

i assumed i could just start with a shit package then upgrade it

Eveyone gets "unlimited" BUT the speed drops significantly when the 1gb or whatever package had been used. 

I have the 3gb /150 min package for 399bht

There is no way I will use 3gb so its full speed all the time.

11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Eveyone gets "unlimited" BUT the speed drops significantly when the 1gb or whatever package had been used. 

I have the 3gb /150 min package for 399bht

There is no way I will use 3gb so its full speed all the time.

ok thanks, this package sounds about what im looking for, can't seem to find it on their website 

also nothings mentioned about the speeds to expect..

On 2017-7-25 at 5:47 AM, craftyhen said:

didn't know how to, don't speak thai

i assumed i could just start with a shit package then upgrade it

You can, but it helps to know what package you have now. 

So, the spoken language using your SIM should be English. If it is not, call 9304 to change it for yourself.

Then you want to check what package you are on currently. So then you can call 9305 to check current promotion/package if you want to hear it or the codes below if you want it delivered for free as a text message.

Check credit balance and validity (Toll Free) dial #123#tel_icon.png
Check your own mobile number (Toll Free) dial *933#tel_icon.png

Check Truemove H promotion (Toll Free) dial *935#tel_icon.png
Check topping internet data balance (Toll Free)

dial *900#tel_icon.png

If you don't need fast Internet beyond 1Mbps, you can subscribe to a truly unlimited package for a month(not one that slows down after a set amount of data) for 321 baht of credit. dial *900*1974#tel_icon.png

7 days for 107 baht dial *900*1973#tel_icon.png

If you want it for 30 days, though with with unlimited calls, for 535 baht, dial *900*1991#tel_icon.png

But since you are envious of your friend's speed, you can try a full speed package . 8GB over 7 days for 160 baht full speed Internet dial *900*1705#tel_icon.png      Then you can show him what's what.  :partytime2:  Joking, as that is just a 3G up to 42Mbps package.

If you want 4G and unlimited Truemove HotSpot usage;

213 baht for 1.5GB of mobile data, slowing down to 128kbps dial *900*8816#tel_icon.png

320 baht for 2.5GB of mobile data, slowing down to 128kbps dial *900*8817#tel_icon.png

427 baht for 4 GB of mobile data, slowing down to 128kbps dial *900*8818#tel_icon.png

That should keep you going for a while.

12 hours ago, JamJar said:

So, the spoken language using your SIM should be English. If it is not, call 9304 to change it for yourself.

Then you want to check what package you are on currently. So then you can call 9305 to check current promotion/package if you want to hear it or the codes below if you want it delivered for free as a text message.

dial *900#tel_icon.png

If you don't need fast Internet beyond 1Mbps, you can subscribe to a truly unlimited package for a month(not one that slows down after a set amount of data) for 321 baht of credit. dial *900*1974#tel_icon.png

If you want it for 30 days, though with with unlimited calls, for 535 baht, dial *900*1991#tel_icon.png

But since you are envious of your friend's speed, you can try a full speed package . 8GB over 7 days for 160 baht full speed Internet dial *900*1705#tel_icon.png      Then you can show him what's what.  :partytime2:  Joking, as that is just a 3G up to 42Mbps package.

213 baht for 1.5GB of mobile data, slowing down to 128kbps dial *900*8816#tel_icon.png

320 baht for 2.5GB of mobile data, slowing down to 128kbps dial *900*8817#tel_icon.png

427 baht for 4 GB of mobile data, slowing down to 128kbps dial *900*8818#tel_icon.png

laugh out lol have just sussed who you are the great jimmy jones, jui jitsui and multiple other handles with JJ in the title !!  

I must be getting old in my frail dotage....:partytime2:

On 23.7.2017 at 10:58 PM, JamJar said:

You bought a 1Mbps unlimited deal perhaps, for 321 baht per month.

Very likely.

321 = 300 (advertised) plus 7% tax.

Just compared with AIS: 30 days, 1 Mbit/s, 300 Baht (advertised).

Prices between the companies are differing little only if at all.

On 7/29/2017 at 8:59 AM, JamJar said:

dial *900#tel_icon.png

thanks for the info lol - i'm currently on the unlimited 1Mpbs package which others have mentioned but it takes 2 months to expire

i've tried changing the language to english but sounds like i need credit to do so

im not looking for a superfast or hotspot package, just a 30 day one with 1-2gb of data and fast enough to make calls on Line and watch the odd youtube video without the constant buffering

21 hours ago, craftyhen said:

thanks for the info lol - i'm currently on the unlimited 1Mpbs package which others have mentioned but it takes 2 months to expire

i've tried changing the language to english but sounds like i need credit to do so

im not looking for a superfast or hotspot package, just a 30 day one with 1-2gb of data and fast enough to make calls on Line and watch the odd youtube video without the constant buffering

It was I who guessed it was the 1Mbps Unlimited package, in post 2. 

What makes you think that it takes two months to expire?

You can ask them to cancel it now by calling 1331 or simply purchase another SIM for 49 baht. 

You don't need credit to change the language to English. There is also no reason for you to stick with TRUE unless you use them for cheap International calls.

*900*8816#tel_icon.png is their 4G 1.5GB monthly package, for 213 baht. Up to 100 Mbps on 4G. Up to 42 Mbps on 3G

*900*8817#tel_icon.png is their 4G 2.5GB monthly package, for 320 baht. Up to 100 Mbps on 4G Up to 42 Mbps on 3G

But if you think that you might need more data; *900*1801#tel_icon.png is their 3G 1 GB monthly package, for 213 baht. Up to 42 Mbps.

If you run out of fast data and it slows down to 128 kbps, you can add another 2GB over 30 days for 107 baht more; *900*8812#tel_icon.png 

213 baht for an extra 5 GB *900*8813#tel_icon.png 

320 baht for an extra 10 GB *900*8814#tel_icon.png