Two Phuket nightlife venues raided, charged with operating illegally

webfact

Two Phuket nightlife venues raided, charged with operating illegally

Phuket Gazette - 

1_2017722105123402_dIxpmYEwyQTtxgDekRmRVjNQStZQHbCkkzZWYeSX_jpeg.jpg

'Room Bar and Restaurant' was one of the venues raider by officers from the Crime Suppression Division 5. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Officers from the Crime Suppression Division yesterday raided two nightlife venues in Phuket Town for providing services to underage customers and operating without a proper permit. 

“We found two illegal venues during the raid. The first one was 'Room Bar and Restaurant'. The owner, Rattachat Phothong, was charged with operating a nightlife venue without permission,” said Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Peerayuth Karajedee. 

The second venue was named by police as the ‘New Jame Cafe’. The owner, Jeerawat Ratnothai, was charged with operating a nightlife venue without permission, while the manager, Somboon Sriyotha, was charged with serving people under 18 years of age. 

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Two-Phuket-nightlife-venues-raided-charged-operating/66799?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-07-24

2 hours ago, webfact said:

while the manager, Somboon Sriyotha, was charged with serving people under 18 years of age. 

I thought the alcohol beverage control act was changed in 2008, and the age limit raised from 18 to 20.

I know it still makes no difference, if you are under 18 you are definitely under 20, just making an observation..:smile:

I used to enjoy going to Phuket several years ago, but it sounds like the place is still got some old problems.

Is corruption still a problem, is the mafia in Phuket still part of the problem?  I have good old memories of

Kata and Karon beaches.  I stayed away from Patong because of the parking mafia.  I did appreciate the hospital

there though, and a dedicated doctor at 3AM.

Geezer

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I used to enjoy going to Phuket several years ago, but it sounds like the place is still got some old problems.

Is corruption still a problem, is the mafia in Phuket still part of the problem?  I have good old memories of

Kata and Karon beaches.  I stayed away from Patong because of the parking mafia.  I did appreciate the hospital

there though, and a dedicated doctor at 3AM.

Geezer

Corruption and taxi mafia same same .... as sure as the sun rises each morning.

Edited by LivinginKata

WE always stay in Kata. It much quieter and better for families. Good restaurants that are cheap,  lots of bars that aren't playing high volume crap music and the girls are not as mercenary as Patong (not all of them). Also you dont need a car to go out at night. Forget Patong,  will never go there again. Actually we cant cos there is nowhere to park a car !