Drunk cop who set up drink driving stop ordered out!

webfact

6 minutes ago, sambum said:

Ah, that well worn phrase again - "inactive duties"!  When I saw the headline "ordered out" I thought it was too good to be true!

The  ordered out   bit was to do with the bar as it was way past closing time

7 hours ago, missoura said:

I'm thinking he drove himself home.

Of course he drove home himself. He spent all his money on beer and was trying to make some baht from the public so he could get a taxi to take him home.

If these people hadn't of stopped him he would have been OK.

Sometimes the public get it so wrong.

1 hour ago, Honky69 said:

Ah the poor lad, must have had a bad day and needed a bit of cash to buy some more of that wonderful Thai Whiskey for himself as he is only half way towards being drunk. Got to laugh at the examples they set as Policeman.

My own brother-in-law is a cop and showed up drunk at my house for Christmas dinner, driving his son with him, and then shouted loudly all evening. Of course, my wife said nothing, to avoid WW3. Ruined my Christmas. I'd guess he was spoken to the next day, but I'd never know. I didn't receive a sheepish wai. A few weeks later he was mown down by a careless driver and is now off work for eight months, Karma perhaps, although harsh punishment for a ruined Christmas.

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

The country is run by Facebook.  No decision is taken unless it has been brought to the attention of the ruling classes by bad publicity.  With the reputation of the police tarnished beyond redemption why is there no decisive strong action?  Why is the drunk cop not behind bars?

"The country is run by Facebook." - not quite, it is run by "face saving". Every action by those in authority is designed to protect or save someone's face, whether that of a superior, a junior or oneself. Then there is saving face of the institution/s you are attached to and ultimately, the Thai nation. It is a major part of the defining cultural logic and motivator of people's behaviour and speech and understanding that can go a long way to understanding many things that happen in Thailand.  :wink:

By not sacking the rotten apples in the Thai Police, they may need to set up a new commitee to create more "inactive posts", as all the positions will soon all be filled up!

So in other words, the corrupt Thai Police and officials, get a cushy "inactive post" desk job at taxpayer's expense?

Time to start a reform here, boys!!

52 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

"Inactive" but paid duties, I would think. Somewhere out in the waving rice is a huge warehouse with hundreds of thousands of policemen staring vaguely into space, but collecting their paychecks at month,s end. Any policeman found guilty of criminal activities, or shaking down the public, should be immediately fired and replaced with a suitable candidate, and this is the only way the police force can be re-organised into a respectable body of law enforcement. Is this going to happen ? 555555555 !

The PM has advised that people (including RTP?) get some spirituality! What's his next joke? The policeman should be taken aside for some 'attitude adjustment' (spiritual advice?) then fired from his job. No sideways shift to inactive post. :post-4641-1156693976:

"Is this going to happen ? 555555555 !"  Sadly, I have to agree :sad:

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Another "inactive" post about to be filled.

Never have the courage to sack them is the only way to send a message this is not to be tolerated " unfortunately not just thailand " Aussie they stand them down on full pay not much difference to inactive post and it goes away , should be held more accountable considering " supposably upholing the law " 

7 hours ago, dddave said:

Sacking cops is never easy in almost all countries of the world, especially in the west.  Civil Service protections and mandatory arbitration make removing incompetent, corrupt and dangerous police a nightmare and even when initially successful, frequently over-ruled at a later date, often awarding back pay and damages.

The truth is that "Moving to an inactive post" is often the only option for immediate action. 

I disagree, Not sure what country your from! Here in Australia this policemen would be immediately suspended till a hearing and in this case heard interna bu AU police as not too significant?l. If found guilty he would be  dismissed without severence pay or superannuation. Simple!! In Australia police corruption is kept to a minimum. This inactive duty in Thailand is a joke. It only creates more corruption in the long term.

9 hours ago, mikebell said:

The country is run by Facebook.  No decision is taken unless it has been brought to the attention of the ruling classes by bad publicity.  With the reputation of the police tarnished beyond redemption why is there no decisive strong action?  Why is the drunk cop not behind bars?

Why else would the 'powers that be' want to block FB users?

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yet again a Thai policeman drunk on duty, and all they can say is we will investigate. !!Bloody pathetic !!

Had that been joe public, arrested, locked up fined etc etc.

When are the authorities going to rain in all these corrupt/ drunken <deleted> holes?

Yes indeed.   He needs to be reined on from a great height!!

11 hours ago, mikebell said:

13 hours ago, webfact said:

When provincial governor Phaisan Leusomboon saw the clip on Facebook the reaction was quick.

That is a very 'Clear Example' of why the current 'General' is trying hard to restrict FACEBOOK and other 'social media' in Thailand........... He can foresee that it could someday be his own downfall...........

No so different from TRUMP confirming his power to "Pardon" himself later.....

They both know that they are or have been up to 'no good'

Not in any way "tarnishing the image" of the police - simply reinforcing the image of the police.

I was once stopped by a cop on a motorbike so blind drunk he struggled to put it on its side stand and staggered over to our car.  He was unable to stand properly so leaned on the car to talk with alcohol breath to us.
1st 'reason' - we went through a red light.  Nope, it was still green
2nd 'reason'  - we were not wearing our seat belts.  Erm, we are still wearing them

I told him I would switch to English and then I pretended to call the British Embassy.   He then just said he wants some money for some more whiskey.

Tarnishing the image.... LOL

I had many "engagements" with the men in black, blue and brown, once I was travelling to Don Muang and this police officer flag me down. What's the problem sir I ask, so he told me I was speeding, how so I said left and right were taxis and other cars overtaking me at cruise missile speed didn't you notice that. To make a long story short he asked for 2000 bht. I gave him 1000 bht.
And this "law enforcement officer" put it stealthily in his handglove. Ki kong = corruption. LoS = Land of Scams

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

He ordered the complete and indefinite transfer of the cop to inactive duties at HQ.

Here we go again ,inactive duties again , i believe it's time to go hard on these ,and loss of Job / pension , i think this would be the ultimate deterent , otherwise nothing will change , 

22 hours ago, mikebell said:

True enough, the advent of cameras on phones and in cabs is actually highlighting quite a problem there is in the police force.

19 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Hardly ordered out as the header states......more like ordered sideways...."He ordered the complete and indefinite transfer of the cop to inactive duties at HQ.".

i thought the new self appointed PM was going to deal with trash like this ....what happened  ?

On 7/24/2017 at 9:52 AM, mikebell said:

But they ARE doing something about it..... they are trying to ban free speech and clamp down on the press and social media postings.... this is now coming in to effect and you can be prosecuted!   Soon there will not be any postings, the public will not know and the problem will be solved!   Then they can all go back to their whiskey-a-go-go bars and relax with a job well done!  (before diving home!)  :partytime2:

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:26 PM, Thaiwrath said:

Another "inactive" post about to be filled.

Members of the force generally know where at least some  of the "bodies are buried", and so those with the power to do so are generally loathe to dismiss them outright.  Corruption at the institutional level carries so many disabilities with it.