Lower left quadrant pain - where & what scan?

seefah

Recently I have developed lower left quadrant pain and will be looking to visit a doctor and possibly have some kind of scan. Any advice and recommendation appreciated. I'm in Pattaya, but have already read other threads regarding the big hospitals here and am somewhat put off visiting them.

I've already had a blood and urine test done at the Red Cross Bkk and no problems were found. I'm in my early 40's and currently with no insurance cover, so I'm hoping for a practical low cost next step. Would an ultrasonic scan be sufficient to diagnose possible problems in this area or would I have to go with the more expensive CT or MRI scan?

How low in the torso?  Front of back?  That might help isolate they type of problem and therefore the type of exam/scan needed.

There are government hospitals in Pattaya which are cheaper than the more well-known private ones, such as Pattaya City Hospital in central Pattaya and Banglamung Hospital in north Pattaya.  (Google them for location maps.)

As above. It is impossible to tell without a physical examination whether or not a scan of any type is indicated.

In addition to the 2 government hospitals mentioned above thete is a good military (naval) hospital in Sattahip.

Phyathai Hospital in Sri Racha is a mid range (price wise) private hospital if you want the conveniences of a private hospital at lower price than places like BPH.

Phyathai Hospital was one of the options I was thinking about. Never been to the military hospital in Sattahip before, maybe will look into that too. Is it easy enough to get to (taxi / van)?

As for the pain, it is around my front left at the belt area. Is also apparent when I lift heavy things or am sitting down. Standing is more comfortable.

Can't advise re transport to Sattahip, maybe one of our members living in Pattaya can. Be forewarned that thete will be long waits and red tape. If I were you, at this stage I'd try Phayathai and think of switching to govt/military hospital later if it turns out something like surgery is required. A simple consultation isn't going to cost much. Your problem might be as simple as a strained muscle.

Email [email protected] explaining the problem, he'll help suggest a doctor and make appointments etc.