Some decent Kebap in Jomtien available?

alocacoc

I assume you must mean kebab.  Rompho Market on 2nd Road there are a couple of vendors during the evening, towards Kiss Food and Drink.  One sells donor kebabs rolled up in flat bread with chicken and all of the trimmings.  

The other sells it what I assume is a traditional kebab, on a long stick offered with pork or chicken and mixed with veggies, since I said pork it is probably not traditional.  This vendor also sells some German food like bratwurst sausage offered in a bun or not with trimmings which is pretty good.

Once in a great moon you'll find a vendor selling donor kebabs up on Bun Kanchana Alley across the street from the Mae La-Or Market at night next to the Tesco Lotus Express also.

There is another vendor that sells donor kebabs but is mobile and hard to locate sometimes.  Many times at Beach Road and Soi 5, 2nd Road and sometimes further up Beach Road, hard to find like I said.

Edited by Roger Lee
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, tolsti said:

McDoners new stall is located opposite Hemmingways in Jomtien. Great Lamb Kebabs.... real lamb.

Cool. I will try that today. It's actually in my neighborhood.

46 minutes ago, Roger Lee said:

I assume you must mean kebab.  Rompho Market on 2nd Road there are a couple of vendors during the evening, towards Kiss Food and Drink.  One sells donor kebabs rolled up in flat bread with chicken and all of the trimmings.  

The other sells it what I assume is a traditional kebab, on a long stick offered with pork or chicken and mixed with veggies, since I said pork it is probably not traditional.  This vendor also sells some German food like bratwurst sausage offered in a bun or not with trimmings which is pretty good.

Once in a great moon you'll find a vendor selling donor kebabs up on Bun Kanchana Alley across the street from the Mae La-Or Market at night next to the Tesco Lotus Express also.

There is another vendor that sells donor kebabs but is mobile and hard to locate sometimes.  Many times at Beach Road and Soi 5, 2nd Road and sometimes further up Beach Road, hard to find like I said.

I assume you must mean doner.....:tongue:

Edited by LennyW
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bberrythailand said:

Where can we find a real kebab PLATE in this country ?

A Lebanese restaurant. There is one in Central Festival that does such plates (not a recommendation, just information).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tolsti said:

McDoners new stall is located opposite Hemmingways in Jomtien. Great Lamb Kebabs.... real lamb.

I think.............although not 100% sure .......its the same girl who is at the Soi Bourkhao end of Soi Lk metro in Pattaya

................have one on a saturday night, very nice

On 7/24/2017 at 6:50 PM, tolsti said:

Yeah went to this place tonight (on the strength of this post).

Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Ate it over in the Robin Hood, I'd ordered a medium Lamb Kebab with medium strength Chilli sauce (to be safe) .

Phew, a lot of food. Anyway, thanks for the info.

• Like 2

I liked the kebap. I wish they would offer a sauce like BBQ. Like it does Döner King at pattaya klang. The garlic sauce was ok, but it needs something else for balance.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, alocacoc said:

I liked the kebap. I wish they would offer a sauce like BBQ. Like it does Döner King at pattaya klang. The garlic sauce was ok, but it needs something else for balance.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hello, where is Doner king ? Never seen it. Thank you.

On 7/24/2017 at 6:50 PM, tolsti said:

Couldn't find either Hemmingway's or McDoner's. Where are they in relation to Shenanigans or Tinnies, please?

39 minutes ago, sloperating said:

Couldn't find either Hemmingway's or McDoner's. Where are they in relation to Shenanigans or Tinnies, please?

Shenanigans became Hemingway's so one in the same.

McDoner's is opposite slightly down that little Soi you'll see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alocacoc said:

2 hours ago, lou62 said:

Shenanigans became Hemingway's so one in the same.

McDoner's is opposite slightly down that little Soi you'll see.

Thanks very much. That's great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sloperating said:

Thanks very much. That's great.

Great, will be trying it out on the weekend. A well made Döner Kebab is always a good treat, however rather difficult to find in Pattaya.

Döner King used to be good, but it is horrible in the low season. 

• 6 months later...
On 25/07/2017 at 10:22 AM, thaiflyer1 said:

I think.............although not 100% sure .......its the same girl who is at the Soi Bourkhao end of Soi Lk metro in Pattaya

................have one on a saturday night, very nice

Yes, that lady at LK Metro does a great job.