Do you know how much was sold stickmanbangkok ? And why Andrew drummond article was deleted ?

hello,

Do you know how much was sold stickmanbangkok ? And why Andrew drummond article was deleted ?

What a fail is this stickman, leaving to NZ after 17 years and pretending that he likes it more, but still writing about Thailand weekly.

So during 17 years you have been just too stupid to know that you liked OZ more ?

Poor him...

Thank you.

Sometime life plays another Violine !
It's not has something to do with stupid , it's a great website giving you detailed background information by real experience that you will not find another website !
I leaving Thailand also now for a while , maybe I also stupid ? I not sure now ..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

I enjoy reading his opening piece each week and also the weekly letters from readers.  Used to enjoy the reader's submissions too, but now there's a huge lot of chaff among the rye.  Especially the attempts at fiction make me cringe, but the nonfiction pieces can be a good read, both tales about personal experiences, and articles with thoughts and observations about Thailand.  Lots of good stuff on that site going back 15 years.  In the early days there were many entertaining tales of woe from men who fell for bargirls' tricks.  For example, search for "a phuket surprise" by warlord.  Hilarious.

I don't understand the vitriol towards that website.  What's it done to you? It's a website for chrissakes.  Don't like it, don't go there.  

And as for being stupid to leave after 17 years, people's preferences change in 17 years.  He was probably mid-twenties when he came and is now in his 40s.  Does it need explaining?

Edited by ChidlomDweller

Andrew Drummond explained the reason why the article was removed from the website . But you need a VPN to access it from Thailand. 

Edited by balo

far too much of the content was aimed at the sex tourist, it gets pretty boring after a while and i stopped reading it ages ago. if he had any imagination and talent as a writer (he is very verbose) he could have made a half decent site that appealed to a larger audience, but then sex sells and i guess he wanted to make money

what i thought was interesting was after being such a high profile user, condoner and promoter of the sex industry and sex tourism in thailand how is he regarded in his homeland among his friends, family and future work colleagues. and when you go for a job and your cv reads efl teacher (seems he didnt even make management) and owner of sex tourism oriented web site, just what career path is open to you? i'd be embarrassed.

oh yea and contrary to what he believes he's an awful photographer.

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

far too much of the content was aimed at the sex tourist, it gets pretty boring after a while and i stopped reading it ages ago. if he had any imagination and talent as a writer (he is very verbose) he could have made a half decent site that appealed to a larger audience, but then sex sells and i guess he wanted to make money

what i thought was interesting was after being such a high profile user, condoner and promoter of the sex industry and sex tourism in thailand how is he regarded in his homeland among his friends, family and future work colleagues. and when you go for a job and your cv reads efl teacher (seems he didnt even make management) and owner of sex tourism oriented web site, just what career path is open to you? i'd be embarrassed.

oh yea and contrary to what he believes he's an awful photographer.

Nobody needs to know that he owns a website. But as Mr Pau Owen is too stupid to even be able to hide his real name online, you might be right.

His photos have no interest and I also believe that stickman was not interesting for anyone in Thailand or they would have not let it go.

I think he lost a lot of money when he lost Google Adsense ads because of wrong content ?

7 hours ago, ChidlomDweller said:

I enjoy reading his opening piece each week and also the weekly letters from readers.  Used to enjoy the reader's submissions too, but now there's a huge lot of chaff among the rye.  Especially the attempts at fiction make me cringe, but the nonfiction pieces can be a good read, both tales about personal experiences, and articles with thoughts and observations about Thailand.  Lots of good stuff on that site going back 15 years.  In the early days there were many entertaining tales of woe from men who fell for bargirls' tricks.  For example, search for "a phuket surprise" by warlord.  Hilarious.

I don't understand the vitriol towards that website.  What's it done to you? It's a website for chrissakes.  Don't like it, don't go there.  

And as for being stupid to leave after 17 years, people's preferences change in 17 years.  He was probably mid-twenties when he came and is now in his 40s.  Does it need explaining?

Yes it's always surprising how much people know nothing about their life and their future.

Nothing against him, but just like when the truth and facts are said about anyone. HE is for me a loser, but just my opinion.

9 hours ago, ChidlomDweller said:

I think a good deal of the vitriol comes from the fact that many people follow what that hack writes.  I mean, it would be one thing if he were just another typical poster in the "Thai Visas, Residency, and Work Permits" forum on Thaivisa, spreading unfounded, unsubstantiated rumors intended to get all the feeble-minded into a worried frenzy about things...those people are easy to laugh at and ignore (well, for those of us with a modicum of critical thinking skills, that is).  

But Stinkman is, like it or not, influential...people take what he says as somehow authoritative.  Lord knows why...I mean, why would one take as an "authority" on nightlife in Thailand someone who goes out of his way to assert that he never personally partakes of such nightlife?  Either he's lying about participating, which, fine, whatever, or he's talking about things he knows nothing about.  Actually, whether he knows what he's talking about or not, that doesn't change the fact that he spreads all sorts of unsubstantiated and downright falsified rumors, and many people regard what he writes as gospel and go on to spread it in other venues.  He contributes to the general level of stupidity and scare mongering that's out there.  THAT's annoying to me whether I read his website or not, so it's not simply a matter of "don't like it, don't go there."